Thread: Unitedís Houston to Bonaire with 2 am arrival!

Default Unitedís Houston to Bonaire with 2 am arrival!

It looks like United is resuming flights from Houston (IAH) to Bonaire with Saturday service on November 6th t with a 2 AM arrival. The Sunday return flight is a 7:30 am departure. From a customer's perspective, this seems like a horrible schedule. Does anyone here have any color on United's rationale? I'm a United 1k customer out of Houston looking to get back to Bonaire, so it pains me to have to switch to American Airlines or Delta.
    Last edited by ModRoy; 06-14-2021 at 01:21 PM. Reason: corrected mistakes at request of OP

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Looks like they are starting up their BON route mainly from EWR; 0830-1320 flight Sat, and 1520-1915 return on Saturday.
    The IAH routing is awful, as you point out.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Hi, Does anyone know why United (houston IAH) is resuming flights until Nov 2021? And why the terrible time of arrival on BON of 2am. Are they any Boniare tourism planners that can review United schedule and advocate/suggest better options? I cant imagine the airport staff and rental care companies can accommodate this arrival time. I have contacted United to provide feedback. Thanks!

In April 2022 United begins flying a normal midday schedule to BON and back, from both EWR and IAH.
    In fact, it is better than previously, when they arrive late on Saturday and returned early on Sunday.

Thank you. Do you know why the schedule is not changing until April 2022 when American & Delta have both resumed their flights direct from US?

Quote Originally Posted by CMarcot View Post
    Thank you. Do you know why the schedule is not changing until April 2022 when American & Delta have both resumed their flights direct from US?
    Note they resume flying in November with a good schedule from EWR, but from IAH with the 0111h arrival and Sat 0725 departure. Bad on both ends!
    April is when IAH also shifts to afternoon arrival and departure in BON.

I have no idea why. My information just comes from looking at schedules.
    Pure speculation: they are juggling schedules for planes and crew and doing the best they can over the winter, and they are not starting until then to see how it goes.
    It would be very nice to have them actively back in the game with reasonable schedules. The middle of the night stuff is ridiculous.