Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US Airlines resume flights June 5th

Good luck leaving in a few weeks getting tested before evening before departure.

DrDirector is online now Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Keep in mind that the 24-hour rule means 24 hours before the final leg of your flights to Bonaire, not your first departure.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by DrDirector View Post
    Keep in mind that the 24-hour rule means 24 hours before the final leg of your flights to Bonaire, not your first departure.
    I think it is 24h before your departure if you keep on moving...that is, a connection is OK, but an overnight is not.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

A private message I had gotten from Tanya at InfoBonaire on May 31 had extracted the following info from the information website https://www.bonairecrisis.com/en/qas...-G0bdhPhU#main

When I look on that website now, the footnote that says the 24hours is calculated from the country of departure is no longer there. I can see where that could be interpreted either way but I personally would err on the side of caution and base it on the departure time of your last flight to Bonaire.

The results of the following tests are accepted on Bonaire:1. A negative PCR or NAAT-test result, from a test taken within 24 hours before departure¹⁾.or2. A negative PCR-test result, from a test taken within 72 hours before arrival, and a negative Antigen-test result, from a test taken within 24 hours before departure¹⁾.NAAT is a collective name for tests, which include the following tests: mPOCT, NAAT, PCR or RT PCR, LAMP and TMA.¹⁾ The number of hours is calculated from the country of departure (or from a stop-over location en route) to Bonaire.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDirector View Post
    A private message I had gotten from Tanya at InfoBonaire on May 31 had extracted the following info from the information website https://www.bonairecrisis.com/en/qas...-G0bdhPhU#main

When I look on that website now, the footnote that says the 24hours is calculated from the country of departure is no longer there. I can see where that could be interpreted either way but I personally would err on the side of caution and base it on the departure time of your last flight to Bonaire.

The results of the following tests are accepted on Bonaire:1. A negative PCR or NAAT-test result, from a test taken within 24 hours before departure¹⁾.or2. A negative PCR-test result, from a test taken within 72 hours before arrival, and a negative Antigen-test result, from a test taken within 24 hours before departure¹⁾.NAAT is a collective name for tests, which include the following tests: mPOCT, NAAT, PCR or RT PCR, LAMP and TMA.¹⁾ The number of hours is calculated from the country of departure (or from a stop-over location en route) to Bonaire.
    BonaireCrisis keeps evolving. What it says right now, 2013h on June 10, is:

The results of the following tests are accepted on Bonaire:
    1. A negative NAAT (PCR)-test result, from a test taken within 24 hours before departure.
    or
    2. A negative NAAT (PCR)-test result, from a test taken within 72 hours before arrival on Bonaire and an antigen-test at arrival.

The difference is when/where the antigen test (option 2) is taken...."within 24h before departure" or "at arrival."
    According to the information I received from the Public Health Dept, both are acceptable.
    One wishes there was not such confusion.

Yes, it keeps evolving. Thanks Mel for the latest info.

M

Default Well some of us first leg is to Aruba or Curacao.

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    I think it is 24h before your departure if you keep on moving...that is, a connection is OK, but an overnight is not.
    That said our 24 would start from the Divi leg. At least now they are testing on Bonaire so you get in just pay $125.00

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalDiver View Post
    That said our 24 would start from the Divi leg. At least now they are testing on Bonaire so you get in just pay $125.00
    What is the $125 you mention? Paid to whom, where?

Default Testing in Bonaire

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    What is the $125 you mention? Paid to whom, where?
    As of 1 June, 2021 it is possible upon arrival to test at Bonaire’s airport. $125 for the NAAT

For more information and how book this test please visit: https://en.bonairesafetravel.org/arrivalBonaire/

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalDiver View Post
    As of 1 June, 2021 it is possible upon arrival to test at Bonaire’s airport. $125 for the NAAT

For more information and how book this test please visit: https://en.bonairesafetravel.org/arrivalBonaire/

But you don't need a NAAT upon arrival from the US, only an antigen test, and that is just $47.50.
    The site you link to is about testing when leaving Bonaire. And for going to the US, you only need an antigen test, so that is $65.