Thread: Buddy Dive? Is Resort Bonaire as dirty and stinky as reviewers say?

Default Buddy Dive? Is Resort Bonaire as dirty and stinky as reviewers say?

We’re a hard working family of 4, wanting to dive in Bonaire again. This June. Resort Bonaire looks amazing but the reviews are TERRIBLE! Should we do Buddy Dive 2 bedroom apartment?
    Last edited by ModRoy; 02-23-2021 at 08:38 PM. Reason: corrected Resort name

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Texaskid View Post
    We’re a hard working family of 4, wanting to dive in Bonaire again. This June. Resort Bonaire looks amazing but the reviews are TERRIBLE! Should we do Buddy Dive 2 bedroom apartment?
    What reviews are you looking at?
    Last edited by ModRoy; 02-23-2021 at 08:40 PM. Reason: edited Quote
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Tried to edit my question!! It’s not Eden it’s Resort Bonaire...looks so beautiful but reviews sooo bad. On every travel site, travelers report sewer smell throughout the rooms and resort? Sorry Eden! Can’t edit my mistake

Edit done by MOD
    Last edited by ModRoy; 02-23-2021 at 08:39 PM. Reason: edit done

Don't know about the others but out of about 12 visits the last 3 have been Buddy Dive and looking forward to being able to return to Buddys someday.

Thanks!

We have never stayed at Eden but once did 3 nights at Buddy when there was a problem with our other accommodation. It taught us that we really don't enjoy a resort, no matter how nice it is, and Buddydive is really nice. If you have the dosh and enjoy that level of service, Buddy's is the hands down winner.

rent a house!

We've only driven through Resort Bonaire. It is not oceanfront, and the buildings are very close together. I don't know about smells. From the reviews, it appears that almost all are in Dutch. They probably booked packages with TUI or KLM.

Buddy Dive is much nicer.

tholland is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default Resort bonaire stinky no more?

Quote Originally Posted by hallerdodd View Post
    We've only driven through Resort Bonaire. It is not oceanfront, and the buildings are very close together. I don't know about smells. From the reviews, it appears that almost all are in Dutch. They probably booked packages with TUI or KLM.

Buddy Dive is much nicer.
    Resort Bonaire had trouble for some time with bad smells/sewage issues because they had a small septic when first built, thinking that the town sewer line was going to be out there by the time they opened. they were wrong and they had many septic backups that stunk up the entire neighborhood....however.... I read that the sewer line is not extended out that way so maybe that's a problem of the past?

John B is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

I have stayed at Budy's 14 times. It is not the fanciest places but more than makes up for it with the 2 restaurants on site, outstanding dive operation, and fantastic house reef. Rooms are clean and well kept. If you want a fancier resort look at Belmar. It does not have a restaurant on site. I you are divers you can't beat Buddys.