Thread: More curiosity than anything.

JBODell is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default More curiosity than anything.

As a different topic of conversation. Would an amphibious car be practical as far as boat ramp access? Through boredom/daydreaming I was considering if it would be practical. I'm a car guy and always enjoy time on the water. Day dream being having lunch out at a restaurant then cruising over to klein.

this is the one that I would consider based on overall size capabilities.
    https://www.watercar.com/

methinks for that sort of money my priority would be to buy a house first !!

But thanks for the info, if I ever win millions on the Lotto, that will be high on my "Mans Toys" List

larrygross is online now Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Last I knew,there was a boat ramp just north of where Richard's Restaurant used to be, down a short side street, and one in town by the old fish market building.

Quote Originally Posted by JBODell View Post
    As a different topic of conversation. Would an amphibious car be practical as far as boat ramp access? Through boredom/daydreaming I was considering if it would be practical. I'm a car guy and always enjoy time on the water. Day dream being having lunch out at a restaurant then cruising over to klein.

this is the one that I would consider based on overall size capabilities.

https://www.watercar.com/

Maybe if you can make every repair yourself. Also, the ramp next to Sebastianís is tide sensitive. The ramp behind Marriot is on private property and might disappear at anytime. The ramp near Sorobon is a bit far from Klein and going from Lac Bay to the ocean is a trip for a boat, not a car. if you can afford that car, buy a boat and a car - less headaches.

JBODell is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Thanks for the responses. The one next to the market hut by Luciano was the only one I could think of off hand. I do all my own maintenance now and have a history with boats/fiberglass repair and have built a couple racecars over the years. I agree the surf on the wild side may be too much for it most days.