Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Getting to Bonaire Via Curacao

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

If you travel via Curacao:

As of Wednesday April 14, 2021, departing passengers who need to take an Antigen test or PCR test prior to departing the island via the Curaçao International Airport, can now do so right outside the airport in the ‘Bus di Salú’ from ADC.

With the addition of this mobile test center outside of the airport, through the agreement with ADC, CAP is now catering to all departing passengers, stakeholders and also locals. This mobile test center is parked next to the Arrival Hall and ready to provide service every day of the week from 12pm to 7pm. The charges for an Antigen test are USD 20 and a PCR test costs USD 90. The waiting time for the Antigen test is of only 30 minutes and passengers can thus wait for the result. The PCR test takes 24 hours for the result to be provided.

Anyone who wishes to make use of the testing services offered via the ‘Bus di Salú’ can register via www.covid19pcrtestcuracao.com. It is also possible to do a ‘walk-in’, but it is recommended to register, as this will speed up the process as all information has already been provided.

If you were me, would you change your flight?

We are scheduled to fly to Bonaire via Curaçao on June 18. These flights are all set and we are comfortable with this plan. BUT - we have scheduled our return to US on July 10 directly flying Bonaire to US.
    If you were me? Would you change this flight to return via Curaçao?
    And If you needed to overnight on Curaçao ? Where you you book one night hotel on Curaçao?

Thanks 🙏

I'm hoping the flights from the states start up again, they seem to cancel last minute all the time. If you are flying American, I would wait and see if the May flights start up again. If so, I would keep the direct flight (my 2 cents).

Curacao presently has well over 5000 covid 19 cases-- in medical care crisis-

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by bonairemerrill View Post
    I'm hoping the flights from the states start up again, they seem to cancel last minute all the time.
    I think you are referring only to American.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by petri hausmann View Post
    Curacao presently has well over 5000 covid 19 cases-- in medical care crisis-
    Only 2300 at the moment Petri. Numbers are decreasing rapidly.
    Hospital situation is still bad

Hi everyone,
    has anyone heard of Hahn airlines? They seem to be flying between Curacao and Bonaire in June. Is this a new flight or a rebrand?
    Thanks in advance.
    -- Merrill

I recently read that Hahn was going to offer flights from Germany to Curacao.

THis is from their website:

Hahn Air Lines GmbH, popularly known as Hahn Air is a German Airline with head office situated in Dreieich, Germany. It covers 190 countries, cooperates with 260 airlines and 91,000 travel agencies. It is only one airline in whole world that offers free and comprehensive insolvency insurance coverage for all of its partner's transport services. The fleet of Hahn Ai4r is consisted of only one aircraft which include Cessna CitationJet CJ4. The aircraft is equipped with excellent seating facilities and in-flight passenger’s services. All seats and cabins have enough space and legroom. In-flight entertainment services are available inside aircraft for each class of passengers.

Online flight booking is available with Hahn Air for all domestic and international flights. You can book cheap air tickets either directly from its official websites or with help of various online travel agents. Online flight booking is the best medium of getting cheap air deal. With online booking there are various other advantages like flight schedule information and flight status information.

Quote Originally Posted by smits View Post
    I recently read that Hahn was going to offer flights from Germany to Curacao.

THis is from their website:

Hahn Air Lines GmbH, popularly known as Hahn Air is a German Airline with head office situated in Dreieich, Germany. It covers 190 countries, cooperates with 260 airlines and 91,000 travel agencies. It is only one airline in whole world that offers free and comprehensive insolvency insurance coverage for all of its partner's transport services. The fleet of Hahn Ai4r is consisted of only one aircraft which include Cessna CitationJet CJ4. The aircraft is equipped with excellent seating facilities and in-flight passenger’s services. All seats and cabins have enough space and legroom. In-flight entertainment services are available inside aircraft for each class of passengers.

Online flight booking is available with Hahn Air for all domestic and international flights. You can book cheap air tickets either directly from its official websites or with help of various online travel agents. Online flight booking is the best medium of getting cheap air deal. With online booking there are various other advantages like flight schedule information and flight status information.
    Thank. you !

tholland is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

As of May 2, 2021. It seems that the most reliable way to get to BON is via CUR.
    I'm planning MIA-CUR-BON, however, you need a neg covid PCR test within 72 hours
    of MIA-CUR flight....and then have to take a 2nd covid test called an antigen test.
    Walgreens in MIA offers an "IDNOW" covid test, but it's not clear if this is the so called
    NAAT test that BON permits if taken within 24 hours of departure.

Can we still get the antigen test at the CUR airport while in transit to BON?
    Does American Airlines or Delta accept the Walgreens IDNOW test as an NAAT test?