Thread: Getting to Bonaire Via Curacao

agd is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default Getting to Bonaire Via Curacao

Bonaire Pros published this very handy process for jumping through all the hoops to get to Bonaire via Curacao:

https://www.bonairepros.com/blog/how...-during-covid/

We have flights to and from Curacao 3/13-3/27. The most ideal inter-island flights are sold out. Does anyone who travels BON-CUR route regularly know if the bookings are fluid? Is it worth checking the flights daily to see if something opens up?

For Divi, when the 5PM flight sells out they sometimes add another plane. Not listed on the web site. You need to call them.

they do not like to answer the phone and the cell number is no longer in service. I usually get a repy to an email after the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Annapolis, Maryland and Santa Barbara, Bonaire

What docs are required to transition through Curacao? Bonaire Pro's blog says to include a digital immigration form. I checked the Curacao form and there are no option for just transiting through. They require info regarding were you are staying. We land at 2:43pm and are on the 5pm Divi flight thus we are not overnighting or leaving the airport.
    owner - Casa Bunita Bista

Type in "Transit" where it asks where you are staying. Same for the PLC document. That's what I did and no problem.

So I was just informed by a friend and non-essential business owner on Bonaire that Bonaire went into another 2-week lockdown today and that the the British Covid variant has been detected. I guess I'm not going tomorrow via anywhere, or for a couple of weeks anyway. I was so looking forward to seeing my house and my friends. Tell me I'm wrong - I have not cancelled any of my flights.

Hi Chris,

Yes we did go into a Phase 5 Lock Down at 6PM local time today. It lasts until Mar 19th. Essentials like Groceries, Pharmacies, Gas, Hardware are all open, but with limits on the numbers in the stores at any given time. I ‘think’ personal private family outings are OK, like private shore dives with direct family only. However I am not 100% sure on that front. We have a sailboat at Harbour Village Marina, we are hoping we will be able to get to it and use it with just the two of us aboard for day sails. When I find out more I will post. I thinks flights are still coming in but sorry I do not know about any new testing or quarantine issues. The Covid numbers spiked here in the last few days, something like 40% positive results. I think that is what triggered the Phase 5.

Take Care,
    Steve
    S&E Tanton

Well the eateries are all closed, except some open for take-away. But a lot of outdoor sport/social activities seem to be happening as normal. Jibe City was still renting sail-boards, the small private boat rental outfits at Harbour Village were still operating, but limiting the groups to a single family unit only. Kite-Board lesson were going on but one on one only, which is the norm for them anyhow. I saw a few shore divers going in/out, but only in groups of 2 or 3. I spent my day puttering about on my sailboat at the docks on my own, always something to do on a boat. I would say if you can get here, you can still have lots of fun, just not with bigger groups for the next while.
    S&E Tanton

Rescheduled to try again March 27th. Fingers crossed 🤞.