Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Getting to Bonaire Via Curacao

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by michaeto View Post
    We bringBinaxNow at home tests for our return trip testing. They take 15 minutes and you do it over the Internet and then they email you a certificate so you can board the plane.
    Are you using he Abbott Navica app to get the BinaxNOW test onto the internet? If not, how do you do that?
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Annapolis, Maryland and Santa Barbara, Bonaire

Yes, we used the Navica App
    owner - Casa Bunita Bista

Yes, we used the Navica App
    Interesting. Did you have to register as a Navica Administrator?
    How does the app know what the at-home test result is?

Did you use the eMed.com testing proctor?

Not sure because my wife ordered them online. She actually ordered 6 which arrived a couple days later and the next day another 6 showed up. Then we had an issue. I took the test 1st and then my wife used my laptop to take her test. The only problem was she didn't log out of my account so it showed up as me. It couldn't be resolved quickly so she took another test. Once we were back she tried to get it straightened out and they ended up crediting back the cost of the shipment, and thus we got twelve for free. We will use them for our trips booked in July and for the holidays. We would like to go back in between those two trips but our house is booking fast now that it seems flight issues are clearing. We have Dutch guests that arrived for two weeks a couple days ago and they just booked for another two weeks in September.

Not sure because my wife ordered them online. She actually ordered 6 which arrived a couple days later and the next day another 6 showed up. Then we had an issue. I took the test 1st and then my wife used my laptop to take her test. The only problem was she didn't log out of my account so it showed up as me. It couldn't be resolved quickly so she took another test. Once we were back she tried to get it straightened out and they ended up crediting back the cost of the shipment, and thus we got twelve for free. We will use them for our trips booked in July and for the holidays. We would like to go back in between those two trips but our house is booking fast now that it seems flight issues are clearing. We have Dutch guests that arrived for two weeks a couple days ago and they just booked for another two weeks in September.
    Thanks. It sounds like she used the eMed.com system....they sell the tests in packages of 6.
    Good price for you!

Default Does the test qualify as the NAAT Test?

Can this be used as the NAAT test?

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalDiver View Post
    Can this be used as the NAAT test?
    No. The BinaxNOW is an antigen test, not a NAAT. The quick NAAT test from Abbot labs is called IDNOW, but can't be self-administered or taken at home.

With Rijna's attitude regarding Americans and the cost of testing on Bonaire, I would suggest all Americans get the BinaxNow for arrival and departure testing. You can get them from CVS for $23.99 for a 2 pack. Less expensive than Curacao and much less expensive than Bonaire. I would get extras. That way, just in case you get a false positive, you can immediately take another test.

With Rijna's attitude regarding Americans and the cost of testing on Bonaire, I would suggest all Americans get the BinaxNow for arrival and departure testing. You can get them from CVS for $23.99 for a 2 pack. Less expensive than Curacao and much less expensive than Bonaire. I would get extras. That way, just in case you get a false positive, you can immediately take another test.
    Agreed, but please confirm you used eMed.com to take your test and get your result. The test kit alone is not sufficient.
    Thanks.