Thread: Gluten Free Experiences

Default Gluten Free Experiences

Hi all, we are scheduled to arrive in 3 weeks!
    Have one person in our group that is gluten free diet. What restaurants IYHO has the best gluten free options and variety?
    Also, doe Van der Tweel offer gluten free pastas, breads, etc?
    Thank you in advance.

Hi diamond,

I think the Gluten Free person in your group will be just fine down here. I am not in that group so I cannot give you exact details. But I have noticed Gluten Free products on the shelfs at VDT and on the menus at a few restaurant locations.
    S&E Tanton

MelE is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    Hi all, we are scheduled to arrive in 3 weeks!
    Have one person in our group that is gluten free diet. What restaurants IYHO has the best gluten free options and variety?
    Also, doe Van der Tweel offer gluten free pastas, breads, etc?
    Thank you in advance.

Yes, as Canuck52 mentioned there is a whole section of Gluten free stuff in VDTweel. They have GF spaghetti, bread, crackers. I have found Chex and occasionally GF cornflakes at Lucky grocery on Kaya Industria. There is a great BbQ on Sunday nights at Pablos near the southern cruise port that i think wouls be entirely GF. And GoGreen in the alley next to Gios ice cream is a fantastic choice. GoGreen has Thai/ Indian. She is closed on Mondays. But overall i think you can get a gluten free dish at most restaurants around here.