Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Covid PCR Tests for US and Canadian Travellers

Default Would the 4 hour test be required if you are going through Curacao?

Does anyone know if the 4 hour test would be required if you are not taking a direct flight to Bonaire from the United States? For example MIA-CUR-BON.... The only reason I ask is because flights direct from the US were banned but you could get to Bonaire from the US via Curacao..

Hello,

I was wondering the same thing, if itís require going via CUR. I have a flight booked Feb 4 to CUR and then coming over to BON. Also does anyone know if the Costco Saliva PCR test (not gargle) is valid to enter both Bonaire and Curacao?

Regards, Brad

Quote Originally Posted by bradv4589 View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering the same thing, if itís require going via CUR. I have a flight booked Feb 4 to CUR and then coming over to BON. Also does anyone know if the Costco Saliva PCR test (not gargle) is valid to enter both Bonaire and Curacao?

Regards, Brad
    Brad,

So I am just trying to think logically. If I have a ticket on American Airlines from Miami to Curacao, when I board the plane in Miami, I need to present Proof of Insurance, Covid Test, Immigration Card, PLC locator. I will not need a 4 hour test because that is not required for Flights from the US to Curacao. I will also have to present the same information to the Curacao custom officials.

The next step is the Divi flight to Bonaire. I will need to have a completed a Bonaire Health Form, but on the form it will list my Divi Divi Flight information not my Miami flight information....so maybe it will not be required.

But I am thinking worst case scenario, if it is required, I can overnight in Curacao, get the 4 hour test in the morning and then fly to Bonaire.

I am not sure about the saliva test...

Beth

When I flew from the US in November via Aruba/Curacao on Divi, Aruba and Curacao did not look at my paperwork because I was a transfer to Bonaire.

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
    Can't agree with you more, @tursiops. We are booked to fly to Bonaire via Aruba on March 3rd. If the 4-hour requirement for antigen test is officially implemented, we are going to go to Curacao instead. I honestly do not understand the logic behind this requirement as most people from the US will not be able to satisfy it.

In case you "have" to stay on Curacao, I have a nice 3BR,2,5BA home available on Blue Bay Curacao

Looks like it's now official, and the rapid test will be required. Alas, getting this test at 6am to make my 8am flight will not be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    Audrey, I suggest you "hang tight" for a few days. This requirement was made for The Netherlands by The Netherlands, and Bonaire is part of The Netherlands. The logic behind it is to stop the very quickly spreading second strain of the virus, which is becoming rampant in certain places of the world, hence the new flight bans. This was a surprise for all of us on Bonaire. Give it a few days to see how things shake down.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
    Looks like it's now official, and the rapid test will be required. Alas, getting this test at 6am to make my 8am flight will not be possible.
    Audrey, do check with your airline. I've had others tell me that Delta has implemented antigen testing in its Atlanta International Terminal. I don't have that confirmed, so check it out if you are flying Delta. Perhaps the other airlines will follow suit. Check with them before canceling.

Flying on JetBlue to Aruba followed by a Divi flight to Bonaire via Curacao. It's an early flight out of JFK and the testing facility opens at 9am, so that's a no go.
    Frankly I do not understand the logic behind this: on one hand you officially allow visitors from North America, on the other you impose requirements that only few can satisfy. Just close the borders officially so people like me don't get stuck with $2K worth of plane tickets. Just an off-topic rant, sorry.

Audrey, this is a federal mandate, as in from the Netherlands. This was not Bonaire's decision. As a municipality of the Netherlands, Bonaire must comply with federal regulations and mandates.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

It might be worth remembering that a global pandemic is ongoing, with issues and regulations changing daily. Nations are doing what they can to adjust, and airlines are being caught in the middle.
    Maybe it is better to think of dive travel as discretionary and set it aside for a while.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia