Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Covid PCR Tests for US and Canadian Travellers

Thank you, this is much better!

MelE is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default Unwinding complicated travel plans

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    On the link I provided this morning, you will see that Health Center Bon Bida has just announced that they will begin PCR testing on Monday for $150.00 per person. See http://www.bonbida.com/covid-19-pcr-testing-on-bonaire/
    If only we had waited a few more days to make travel plans! My husband and I are changing our itinerary to go straight to the US now instead of staying in Curacao. I just emailed Bon Bida to get our PCR tests for our flight on March 3. I am relieved everything will be so much simpler this way. What great news we're getting direct flights between US and Bonaire! I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by MelE View Post
    If only we had waited a few more days to make travel plans! My husband and I are changing our itinerary to go straight to the US now instead of staying in Curacao. I just emailed Bon Bida to get our PCR tests for our flight on March 3. I am relieved everything will be so much simpler this way. What great news we're getting direct flights between US and Bonaire! I'm excited.
    We are excited, too! It has been a LONG time!

agd is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Thanks, Susan, for the information and links. It is exactly what we are looking for.

Susan also posted this on her InfoBonaire site which is helpful for visitors not on Bonaire Talk:
    https://www.infobonaire.com/pcr-test...-for-visitors/

Thanks for good work Susan. We are trying to be there in mid March. Fingers, toes, eyes and legs crossed.

If memory serves, bon bida is across Caya Deprot from Eddy's. I think.

If I may reply for Susan, yes Bon Bida is pretty much across the road from Eddy’s. Drove buy it a couple of times today.

Good luck on getting down here!
    S&E Tanton

Thanks, Canuck, jump in there any time, and you are 100% correct!

In today’s press release concerning Bon Bida’s 300 tests/day capacity, the following statement was made.

“ According to Robert Smaal, owner of Bon Bida Health, the Rapid Antigen test is in principle sufficient for travelers to the United States”

But according to the USA CDC that issued the mandatory negative test order, they specifically state that passengers need a live virus test. I take that as antigen test will not be accepted.

If anyone here knows Robert maybe bring this up with him before someone gets an antigen test thinking it will be accepted to entry in the US.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGecko View Post
    In today’s press release concerning Bon Bida’s 300 tests/day capacity, the following statement was made.

“ According to Robert Smaal, owner of Bon Bida Health, the Rapid Antigen test is in principle sufficient for travelers to the United States”

But according to the USA CDC that issued the mandatory negative test order, they specifically state that passengers need a live virus test. I take that as antigen test will not be accepted.

If anyone here knows Robert maybe bring this up with him before someone gets an antigen test thinking it will be accepted to entry in the US.
    The CDC website says:
    Testing must be performed using a viral test (NAAT or antigen), and negative results must be presented to the airline prior to boarding. The test result documentation must include information that identifies the person, a specimen collection date and the type of test. A negative test result must show test was done within the 3 days before the flight.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    The CDC website says:
    Testing must be performed using a viral test (NAAT or antigen), and negative results must be presented to the airline prior to boarding. The test result documentation must include information that identifies the person, a specimen collection date and the type of test. A negative test result must show test was done within the 3 days before the flight.
    It does indeed appear that the rapid test will be acceptable. Our return flight is on Mar.20, so there should be more information by then. If only Bonaire would accept the rapid test, it would make it much easier for us to be tested in time for our flight to Bonaire.