Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Covid PCR Tests for US and Canadian Travellers

mervynt is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

I agree 100% with tursiops. As for the Canadians hoping to head to Bonaire it just got a lot more difficult. All Canadians airlines have agreed to not fly to sun destinations (Caribbean, Mexico) until after April 30th. Also when you return to Canada you will get a PCR test and have to stay at a nearby hotel for 3 days until you get the result, all at your own cost. The PM said this will be around $2000 so I don't think any Canadians will be heading south for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by bradv4589 View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering the same thing, if itís require going via CUR. I have a flight booked Feb 4 to CUR and then coming over to BON. Also does anyone know if the Costco Saliva PCR test (not gargle) is valid to enter both Bonaire and Curacao?

Regards, Brad
    Brad, The Antigen is required even if you are traveling via Curacao but the 4 hours can be from your Departing/Connecting city.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Bethy View Post
    Brad, The Antigen is required even if you are traveling via Curacao but the 4 hours can be from your Departing/Connecting city.
    To be clear:
    The COSTCO test (only available in 16 states right now) suffices as the required PCR test, but you need in addition the less-than-4-hour-before-departure antigen test. As I understand it, if your flight to Bonaire is via Curacao, with no stop-over, it is the flight going to Curacao that you must have the antigen test before.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    To be clear:
    The COSTCO test (only available in 16 states right now) suffices as the required PCR test, but you need in addition the less-than-4-hour-before-departure antigen test. As I understand it, if your flight to Bonaire is via Curacao, with no stop-over, it is the flight going to Curacao that you must have the antigen test before.
    Yes, that is my understanding as well. I did read that Bonaire will not accept at home antigen test kit results. A woman on a Bonaire facebook group posted an email from the Bonaire's Governor's office that stated "I am sorry to inform you but an antigen-test performed at home would not be accepted"

Yes, that is my understanding as well. I did read that Bonaire will not accept at home antigen test kit results. A woman on a Bonaire facebook group posted an email from the Bonaire's Governor's office that stated "I am sorry to inform you but an antigen-test performed at home would not be accepted"
    I hope that Bonaire or the Airlines sort this out soon. I have reservations for four weeks of groups that will be all be cancelled otherside. We cannot find a way to get the antigen test in the short time for our connections in IAH, EWR, ATL, and MIA.

Which FB group was that? I'd like to track this down further...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    Which FB group was that? I'd like to track this down further...
    Thanks
    Here is the link: We have all been sharing information etc, so you will find a lot of helpful information:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2391...184/?ref=share

Here is the link: We have all been sharing information etc, so you will find a lot of helpful information:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2391...184/?ref=share
    Thank you for this. I hope to find up-to-date information rather than out-of-date-or-incorrect speculation!
    One clear problem is the use of "at home test." That used to mean something different than it does now....and I suspect the Bonaire government is using the old term. The new term relates to taking the sample at home, but the analysis is done via a combination of app and device. See https://www.ellumehealth.com/product...ovid-home-test

Default PCR Testing

Quote Originally Posted by MelE View Post
    I have a flight from Bonaire to the US on March 1 so I'm going to be investigating how to get a PCR test on Bonaire. I'll post any information I uncover unless someone else figures this out first. Since no country has required people coming from Bonaire to have a test there hasn't been any real need for public testing facilities. I hope I don't have to spend the weekend in Curacao but that is an option if necessary.
    https://www.infobonaire.com/pcr-test...-for-visitors/

Everything you need to know about testing on Bonaire can now be found here: https://www.bonbida.com/covid-19-pcr...ng-on-bonaire/

You can even make your reservation directly online.