Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet and Electricity Subsidies

agd is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default Internet and Electricity Subsidies

https://english.rijksdienstcn.com/la...an-netherlands

The $25 internet and $33 electricity subsidies that were introduced in May were originally going to end in December of 2020. I believe I recall seeing something about these being extended until further notice, but I don't remember where. Does anyone know for certain if this has been extended? Better yet, a reference to a document?

For WEB bills, this is no problem as I request and receive an invoice each month.

But Telbo is a whole other story of extremely poor and frustrating customer service. They will not send an invoice to someone on a monthly plan by any means. You must just submit a payment and if you get it wrong they shut off the service without notice, warning or any communication. We found this out first hand after a $5 rate increase imposed once again, without any notice, warning or communication, when our service was stopped.

So far, through 3 emails and 3 telephone calls to Telbo, no one there has given a clear answer on whether the basic internet is still $53.95 per month with the reduction, or has it gone back to the regular cost of $78.95 for January 2021.

Anyone know?

Thanks

AGD

Hi AGD,

We do get a monthly emailed Invoice from Telbo and we are also on a monthly plan. To do so we had to pay a year in advance?? We have not received our Jan 2021 invoice yet so sorry I cannot answer you on what the current charge is. I find the Telbo customer service to be a wee-bit confused at times, when we go into the office we often have often got conflicting information. As soon as I get the Jan Invoice I will reply to this thread.
    S&E Tanton

Thanks for the reply!

That is quite an interesting Telbo policy. If you have prepaid a year and thus do not need an invoice to pay your bill, you will get one. Whereas if you need a monthly invoice so you can pay your bill each month Telbo will not provide one.

I am curious, having prepaid for a year, how has Telbo rebated the $25 times 8 months that you have overpaid?

Cheers

The Telbo Invoices are more of an account statement, they show the remaining funds we have in our account and what they deducted for that month. They reduced the amount they deducted each month by the $25, once that plan was put in place. So given that our money will last a bit more than a year. I agree it is an odd system. I will still let you know if the $25 deduction shows up this month.

Take Care
    S&E Tanton

it is not a Telbo policy --it is government subsidy due to loss of income because of Covid and also for internet-rent etc.

Yes Petri, we know that the subsidy is from the government. The question is if it has been extended beyond the end of 2020. Do you know?

One would think that Telbo would know, at least in sufficient time to allow clients to pay the correct amount without having service cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck52 View Post
    The Telbo Invoices are more of an account statement, they show the remaining funds we have in our account and what they deducted for that month. They reduced the amount they deducted each month by the $25, once that plan was put in place. So given that our money will last a bit more than a year. I agree it is an odd system. I will still let you know if the $25 deduction shows up this month.

Take Care
    Ok, that makes sense. I am going in to the office to accomplish a couple of things and maybe I can see if they have revised their procedures so we can get an emailed invoice too.

The visit to Telbo was productive. I had to drop off hardware there anyway but I also was able to speak to a helpful agent. Among the topics discussed were:

The subsidy is expected to be extended through the first half of 2021. That rings a bell with me, as I thought I remember seeing something about that somewhere, although the link in the thread starter has not been updated.

I can expect an email invoice starting this month. This is not only for me but will be done for all clients on the monthly plan who previously were not provided an invoice.

This was positive news on both counts.

All good new, thanks AGD.
    S&E Tanton

Just to confirm, we did get our January ‘Invoice’ today and the $25 rate reduction was there.
    S&E Tanton