Thread: Ordering from the United States- like coffee and household items

MelE is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default Ordering from the United States- like coffee and household items

Hi All,
    Since we're unable to return to the United States anytime soon and we only packed for a month I'm running low on some favorite items and I'm considering having them shipped from the United States. Nothing we can't live without, but if it's not insanely expensive I'd pay to ship our favorite flavored coffee and there are some household items like a NutriBullet I'd love to have. The Ezone calculator makes it look like my large order of coffee ($116 for 15 lbs) would cost $100. Has anyone tried EZone that can give an opinion on their service and prices? If it's really that expensive we will do without, of course. Are there any other shipping services from the U.S. you'd recommend?

Thanks!
    MelE

Not many choices under the current circumstances.
    I have used AmCar small package service a few times. You can ship direct to AmCar Miami via Amazon or any method, or have a friend package everything and ship to AmCar. I also used them to ship my truck here. Pick up your shipment at ROCARGO. It's easy.
    https://www.amcarfreight.com/small-package-service/
    The rate sheet does not include import cost to Bonaire but AmCar can estimate it for you or call ROCARGO.
    Call AmCar and they will explain.

Joe

OOooops, looks like no more Small Package Service to Bonaire.
    Only to Curacao.
    But you can still use AmCar to deliver via freight to Bonaire.
    Try and find someone processing a container from Miami-Bonaire and include with their shipment.

AmCar is great and the shipping fee is based on volume, not weight, but freight shipments arrive via Don Andes via Curaçao and get sent to RoCargo in Bonaire and add 8% import tax plus roughly $70 per shipment. I have many things delivered to AmCar in Miami and they hold everything and ship together at the same time so the $70 paperwork fee gets spread across my combined purchases on the same boat. Most US companies refund US sales tax for exports with some extra effort. I’ve ordered hardware, scuba tanks, weights, window blinds, furniture, a garage door, appliances etc... this way. I’ve had RoCargo deliver larger item to my house for $40-$60 or I have picked up from them on Kia Industrial. DHL also is available for smaller shipments for about $100-$150 total per shipment.

Hi Mel -

E-Zone is the best and fastest way to get things here from the USA. Shipping times for E-Zone are usually between one and two weeks from the day your order until the day it arrives. Shipping things on Amcar normalyl takes 4 to 5 weeks.Here are some tips:

E-Zone: When you sign up with E-Zone they give you a Box number (like a PO Box) and you ship things to your Box number at a Miami address. On average e-Zone fees are $12.50 for the first two pounds or so, and then about $3.00 per pound after the first two pounds, up to a max of 100 pounds. (Rates are approximate). This is the best service if you want to buy small items from services like Amazon, and have them arrive in a reasonable amount of time. One thing to be aware of is that is you buy five items from Amazon, they may ship those things to you in five boxes, which means your shipping costs will be at least 5 times $12.50. Amazon says they will consolidate packages for you, but normally it doesn't turn out that way. You can also check out the Punto Mio service thats offered by FXDX and located at the Bonaire post office. They offer a similar forwarding service.

WARNING: BE CAREFUL SHIPPING ANYTHING THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED HAZARDOUS MATERIALS (HAZMAT) BY e-zONE AS THE SHIPPING FEES ARE MUCH HIGHER, OR THEY MAY NOT SHIP IT. FOR A LIST OF THOSE KINDS OF MATERIALS YOU CAN VISIT THEIR WEBSITE.

AmCar: Great service when shipping heavy things or by the pallet load (like when you are building, or buying furniture. I think that the minimum fixed costs for them to shipping any amount from Miami to Bonaire is probably close to $100, and shipping times are 4 or 5 weeks and can be longer in hurricane season, or other times. This is the best, and only way to ship bulky or heavy items from the US to Bonaire. Your shipment is delivers in a container at RO Cargo, and they call you when it arrives on Bonaire.

Message me if you have any other questions.
    Bob Bartikoski
    Owner RE/MAX Paradise Homes
    +599-786-7362
    EMail: bob@bonairehomes.com

MelE is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Awesome info. Thank you everyone.