Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Musings on Bonaire reopening to tourists

Moderna's vaccination data is in....over 90% effective....

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by sidemount View Post
    Moderna's vaccination data is in....over 90% effective....
    very promising. Lets hope the approval precedure is positive too.

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Starting today, there will be six flights a day from Curaçao to Bonaire all week. This is a result of the relaxation of the corona measures by Bonaire.

The flights will be operated by Divi Divi and EZ Air. According to Island Governor Edison Rijna, a maximum of seven KLM and four TUI flights per week will also fly from the Netherlands to Bonaire. All passengers from the Netherlands and Curaçao must have done a PCR rest no more than 72 hours in advance. If it turns out negative, visitors are allowed to enter Bonaire.

Lieutenant Governor Rijna hopes that direct flights from the United States will again be welcome on Bonaire from 1 December. Bonaire has few corona infections. As of today, the threat level on Bonaire will move from phase three to phase two. This makes it possible to organize events again, as long as a maximum of 50 percent of the location is used and a maximum of 50 people are present.

Dancing and singing will remain prohibited during events on Bonaire for the time being.

United is no longer showing any flights from Newark in December. The earliest is now January 9.

American's first flight from Miami is listed as Saturday Dec 19th.

Yep, my United flight from Houston --> Bonaire for Dec 5 canceled. Not surprised.
    Plan B. EWR --> CUR --> BON on Dec 5.

We do not think the Dec 1st date for allowing direct flights from the US will happen I was online yesterday AM trying to book on United, about half way through all the Dec flights just disappeared?? So it appears that the Curacao route is the only option we have right now. We cannot do the KLM/TUI EU routes as that door is closed to us. Even within Canada, local travel restrictions are now being pushed more and more, as are various hard lock downs in the ‘red’ zones. We are going to try the Curacao route in Dec, but we understand that route may also close if the C-19 cases continue to rise in Bonaire. On a side note we live on a acreage in the foothills just west of Calgary. I have just put my snowplow truck back into action for the first time in a long while, and I have an appointment next week to put new set of winter/snow tires on one of our SUVs. While we are hoping for the best, and we will make reservations to Bonaire in Dec, we are also planing for an extended stay in the great white north.
    S&E Tanton

We made it down to Bonaire from Newark thru Aruba on November 12th and back through Curaçao on November 21st with United and DiviDivi. Fresh PCR results in hand and little inconvenience. No test was required to return to Curaçao or the US.

On our flight home the United attendant told me the Bonaire direct Newark flights would only resume 1/9. We already had a 1/2 flight booked. I booked a 1/9 flight just in case and got an email from United yesterday that the 1/2 flight was cancelled.

I can’t wait fir normalcy. I hope everyone reading enjoys a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks so much for all of your updates. Glad you made it to Bonaire and back home safely.
    Have a very Happy Thanksgiving !

MelE is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Yes, thank you for all your updates ChrisL. I've been interested in your progress all along the way and I'm glad you made it here and back safely too.