Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Musings on Bonaire reopening to tourists

Sounds challenging - I booked a flight next Saturday from Curaçao to Bonaire - I guess I better check with Divi Divi

There are worse places you could spend a couple nights.

I emailed DiviDivi today and they write back that they are flying from Curacao everyday. I am hoping the Monday-Thursday arrival limitations are referring to overseas flights. As of today we are going to chance the the visit to our home in Bonaire this Saturday.

Avalpert is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I emailed DiviDivi today and they write back that they are flying from Curacao everyday. I am hoping the Monday-Thursday arrival limitations are referring to overseas flights. As of today we are going to chance the the visit to our home in Bonaire this Saturday.
    Good luck, be sure to report back how it goes.

you won't make it -only flights to Bonaire Monday -Thursday. 2 flights for Divi -2 on e-z. One of the many rules in effect due to CoVID 19 .

vid 19

this is the present method to control the number of arrivals and protect the Bonairians from any outside source of the virus - Remember to social distance and masks are required.

agd is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Divi Divi's website is still showing 3 flights per day including Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But as Petri says, it was announced here https://bonaire.nu/2020/11/03/bonair...aar-code-geel/ that only 2 daily flights per airline only Monday to Thursday would be permitted.

In the same article it also says how it is important to change to code yellow and bring tourism from places other than the Netherlands. So we have two mutually contradictory actions introduced concurrently. The expression about sucking and blowing at the same time seems apt.

As pointed out, in the short term, the only US to Curacao flight is on Saturday and if the intent is to allow those visitors to come to Bonaire anyway, there is nothing to be gained by inconveniencing them with the expense and time of cooling their heels in Curacao for 2 days on each end of the stay. And there are much better ways of controlling access if that is the intent.

So, hopefully, a better considered plan will emerge. And good luck getting to Bonaire, ChrisL!

agd

American is showing flying in from Miami on 12/5

Please let us know how it goes

It would seem to be almost impossible to meet Bonaire's entry rules if you have to stay in Curacao a few nights before going to Bonaire. If you arrive in Curacao on Saturday, with plans to fly to Bonaire on Monday, your COVID PCR test would need to be done on Friday, but then you likely would not have the results to fly on Saturday? Are you required to have negative by PCR to fly to Curacao?

And, honestly, I have more of an ability to isolate and stay COVID safe prior to travel at my own home (in the states or wherever you may live). Requiring/Adding an overnight or 2 in Curacao, although lovely, may put me more at risk as I would need to be out and about to eat and would be sleeping in a new environment.

I hope we hear that Chris makes it straight through to Bonaire on Saturday.

MelE is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

You do need a negative PCR test to go to Curacao and only FL, NY, NJ, and Connecticut are listed as medium risk from the US. I believe people who don’t have a state ID from one of those 4 states have to quarantine. It looks like anyone can go through Aruba, but oh boy that’s getting complicated. Here’s a link to the Curacao rules I found; https://www.curacao.com/en/questions...virus-covid-19