Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Musings on Bonaire reopening to tourists

Anybody heard what might happen for entry requirements when people start getting vaccinated? Its my understanding PCR test would be positive in reaction to the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by sidemount View Post
    Anybody heard what might happen for entry requirements when people start getting vaccinated? Its my understanding PCR test would be positive in reaction to the vaccine.
    You would only test positive for a few days while the vaccine worked its way through your system - then you would be positive for antibodies for awhile - I have a feeling you need to wait after the vaccine for the PCR test. The vaccine might help you avoid catching it, but until they know exactly how it is spread, surfaces, handshakes, etc..., you could get vaccinated and still pass the virus from one person to another by way of a handshake. The only thing that seems to work is social distancing, hand washing, and masks. Bonaire has a pretty constant breeze and most activities, including most dining, is outdoors. I've seen mixed mask use on the island. Less mask wearing then more, but some. So far this visit only the bank and NAPA auto parts required masks. I keep one with me, but I have not worn it much.

I'm wondering, if you were vaccinated, would you have to still get the PCR Test for entry or just supply the documentary proof of the vaccine? The Pfizer vaccine, as I understand it, is over 90% effective.

I would think it will take a while yet for any vaccine to be considered proof of being safe. The BioNtech/Pfizer vaccine results to date do look very promising. However, no Government approvals yet. From what I read they are looking to apply for US FDA Emergency approval by the end of the year. Then Europe and others around the world would also need to weight in, BioNtech is German, so I would think Europe would buy in. So my guess is the PCR test requirements will be with us for a while. Hopefully, I am wrong. I am not sure if I am spelling BioNtech correctly?
    S&E Tanton

Makes sense...they were saying today the bulk of americans should be vaccinated in the March - April time frame....I've got Bonaire trips scheduled for May, July and September so trying to anticipate what the requirements may be...

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Knipsel.JPG

Company - number of vaccines - ordered - Fase- method - availability at the earliest

Lightbulb Proposed EU Immunisation program with titles in english

Quote Originally Posted by smits View Post
    Knipsel.JPG

Company - number of vaccines - ordered - Fase- method - availability at the earliest
    Hi Smits, thanks for the info, I noticed you were trying to make it BIG, so I took the liberty to help out...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ModRoy; 11-26-2020 at 04:35 AM. Reason: image was "gone"!!
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

Quote Originally Posted by ModRoy View Post
    Hi Smits, thanks for the info, I noticed you were trying to make it BIG, so I took the liberty to help out...

Thank you Roy

MelE is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Bad news that Curacao cases have gone up again. They’ve implemented stricter regulations including a 14 day quarantine for tourists from higher risk countries. I don’t know how this applies to US and Canadian people just passing through on their way here to Bonaire. I wish there was a place to get clarification on that. Here is a link to the BES article. https://bes-reporter.com/index.php/c...y/latest-news/

Quote Originally Posted by MelE View Post
    Bad news that Curacao cases have gone up again. They’ve implemented stricter regulations including a 14 day quarantine for tourists from higher risk countries. I don’t know how this applies to US and Canadian people just passing through on their way here to Bonaire. I wish there was a place to get clarification on that. Here is a link to the BES article. https://bes-reporter.com/index.php/c...y/latest-news/
    "lower risk" is a bit of an unclear expression.
    In Curacao we have: low, medium and high

https://gobiernu.cw/corona-travel-to-curacao/

https://dicardcuracao.com/portal