Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Musings on Bonaire reopening to tourists

Nice! Did you happen to hear anything while on island about how they may handle entry requirements for those who have been vaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by sidemount View Post
    Nice! Did you happen to hear anything while on island about how they may handle entry requirements for those who have been vaccinated?
    No discussion - it’s all about testing and Bonaire just got stricter while I was there now requiring Curaçao visitors to arrive with PCR negative test results in hand. I’m thinking by the time we have all had access to the vaccines and the number of active cases has declined world wide it will be a moot point. We are many months away if not a year away from that happening.

Understood....but won't the vaccine make the PCR test positive? Vaccinations in the U.S. "could" begin in mid December.

Quote Originally Posted by sidemount View Post
    Understood....but won't the vaccine make the PCR test positive? Vaccinations in the U.S. "could" begin in mid December.

I’m not a medical expert but I would imagine you would only test positive for a week or so after being inoculated.

An Australian friend told me the other day that Australia is going to require proof you have been vaccinated before they reopen to tourists. The world abides.

Hopefully Bonaire will have that same requirement....seems to me proof of vaccination requirement would be easier to deal with than the PCR Test requirement...

I hope by the middle of March when we go to Bonaire vaccinations will help getting onto the island less of a problem too.

tholland is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

We had air tix Newark-Bonaire for Dec. 4, 2020, but United cancelled all December flights about a week ago.
    just fyi
    seems the USA-bonaire via Curacao is still possible???

tholland is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

if you fly EWR->CUR->BON will you have to get two PCR tests? since they must be <72 hours prior to flight departures?