Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Musings on Bonaire reopening to tourists

what the arrivals board says and what actually happens is not usually accurate especially since we are code orange

I did note that 2 KLM A330s did arrive this afternoon and 2 KLM A330s also arrived yesterday afternoon. There was also some smaller flights from Curacao on both days. No TUI flights were recorded as far as I can see on ‘Flight Aware’.

No idea how many people came or went on any of the flights.
    S&E Tanton

My dutch neighbors WhatsUp'd me after arriving from Holland today surprised my house was empty of any renters and asking when we would be back. I guess they are a bit clueless about what it takes to visit Bonaire from the US & Canada. We plan to be back again mid-January, currently booked Jan 9 from Newark to Curacao on United and DiviDivi to Bonaire. I miss our 4hr15min direct flights from Newark in the worst way.

More importantly, Merry Merry Christmas to all my fellow Bonaire lovers and advocates and I hope we all have a happier New Year.

I think all of us would very much prefer that this thread did not need to exist.

As Chris just aptly stated,.......Merry Christmas to one and all!
    S&E Tanton

Happy New Year !
    We arrived on Bonaire on Tuesday. We are so happy to be here and it was worth all of the hassles.

We went from Peoria, Illinois to Charlotte , North Carolina on American airlines. Then , still on American to Aruba. We did
    not get our Covid test results back in time in Illinois so we had to pay to get the PCR test done in Aruba. .

The Aruba airport was not busy and we got our negative test results back in 8 hours. We stayed at the airport Hyatt Hotel and we could walk there easily, even with all of our luggage.

From Aruba we went on Divi Divi Airlines with a short stop in Curacao and then to Bonaire. We printed out all of the paperwork required. We did have to pay an additional $58 to Divi Divi because we had 3 bags all just under 50 pounds.

Thanks to all who wrote posts about their travels to Bonaire.

Happy New Year !!

Hey stretch, very glad you made it down and a very Happy New Year back.

With the sharp rise in active Covid cases over the last few days new restrictions have been put in place today by the authorities. But as far as I can tell they do not interfere with any incoming visitors or residents, you still need the negative PCR and can only come directly in from either the Netherlands or Curacao. The restaurants and bars will have to drop back to 50% occupancy and be closed by 10PM. Stores can stay open but have to limit the numbers inside. I would guess you will see more mask wearing. Over the last two weeks while we have been here ‘masking’ has been hit and miss in most locations. We brought a full compliment with us and I have seen them for sale at a few locations. Lets all hope the Covid numbers stabilize and then go down. If not they said more stringent measures could be imposed. Stay Safe.
    S&E Tanton

Happier 2021 New Year to all!

I follow the BES news, as brief as it is, and have no desire to deal with the new extra restrictions on Bonaire when I can stay home and suffer similar restrictions. I do not disagree with the extra safety measures, to the contrary, I do agree. Too bad the Bonaire government did not take this approach initially before closing the borders and screwing the local economy up as bad as it did. There is no perfect government and I believe the intentions were good.

My electric orange California import Fiat 500e from BoCar did not survive Covid and should count as another death on Bonaire - it sat undriven too long and (Mar-Nov) and now no one on Bonaire or even in Florida can service it - I had three good years with it, now it's scrap and looks too cute to junk. I'm over it.

I just cancelled our United flight arriving on January 9th arriving in Curacao with a Divi Divi flight to Bonaire. I will enjoy the snow and cold in the north east for awhile longer, although I'd like more snow and less rain. I also like to ski and I am a NSP Mountain Host at Mt. Snow in VT. Of course I was supposed to be in Bonaire for January, but that's not happening now.

I'd rather fly commercial direct when that eventually resumes and would rather spend the equivalent money on another stupid expensive watch or another muscle car then spend the money to fly private (not that I wouldn't if I could justify it to myself) - I make a great living but I could actually spend more then I make without trying too hard if I'm not careful

We are in the process of moving from NJ on Greenwood Lake to NH on Little Bay outside of Portsmouth. Not much to move, we are not selling the NJ house anytime soon, but still lots to do. I miss our Auping mattress in Bonaire from Home Style (the most $ I EVER paid for a mattress in my life). Due to Covid shortages and NO worthwhile readily available furniture in the US, we are on air mattresses in NH - I'm headed back to NJ Wednesday but will come back to NH Saturday vs. flying to Bonaire. I'm going to book a return trip for the month of March and cross my fingers.

I'm really glad we visited Bonaire in November. I'm really sad things are as screwed up as they are. I hope anyone reading this is happy, healthy, and prosperous and that 2021 in hindsight is one of the best years you ever had.

Bon Bon.

Cuaracao just lifted traffic restrictions world wide including all of USA.
    Still need neg PCR, DI, PLC form but travel to and transit through just got a little easier.
    The Curacao on line health form is not revised yet as of Jan 4.

And those A330 and 777 KLM flights from Netherlands are arriving here every day........................

Hello, I agree with all the restrictions and concerns. That said, how is it Curacao is able to open to all international guests, and all states in the US, but Bonaire is not? We own a property, and have been staying away, but this is a little confusing to me. Thank you.