Thread: West Jet direct flights Toronto to Bonaire

mervynt is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default West Jet direct flights Toronto to Bonaire

Hi,
    I just got an email from West Jet to say that they will be starting to fly direct from Toronto to Bonaire starting February 6th through April 10th. The outbound flights are on a Saturday but they return on a Sunday which might be an issue when booking accommodation.

I just priced out a return flight Feb 6th to Feb 14th and it came out to C$678 return for 1 person Toronto to Bonaire. If flying from Calgary you would need to connect in Toronto and it was C$818. These prices where the Economy flex option that includes one bag and seat. If you wanted to go economy with no free checked bag then it is C$574.

I know with COVID-19 and travel bans etc in play it might be a risk to book these flights but just thought I would let those Canadians on the forum that there is another option out there when getting to Bonaire.

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Canadian WestJet Airlines will fly to Bonaire. The maiden flight is on February 6.

The national Canadian airline will then fly weekly between Toronto and Kralendijk with a Boeing 737, which can bring and collect 174 holidaymakers. Initially, it concerns ten non-stop flights.

The Tourism Corporation Bonaire has not made any statements about seat guarantees and the price paid for them.

Source: dolfijn.fm