Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Musings on Bonaire reopening to tourists

Hi Chris, I hope the trip goes smoothly. I just booked a seat for me (and my cat!) for the following Saturday, 11/14. Same path.
    Safe travels!

United from Newark. It seems to be the only direct flight. There is a Divi Divi flight to Bonaire at 5pm, 2.5 hours after arriving on Curacao.

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

United Airlines will fly weekly from Newark near New York to Curaçao from November. JetBlue's planes can also be seen on the island in early December, on the scheduled service from New York JFK. American Airlines will connect Curaçao with Miami from December.

Curaçao is highly dependent on tourism, and therefore hopes for a rapid recovery of the market. Unlike the other Antillean islands, the island has received yellow travel advice

Quote Originally Posted by smits View Post
    @chrisL
    I hope this all works out for you
    Thanks - me too. I'll be positing either way.

Quote Originally Posted by eve_b View Post
    Hi Chris, I hope the trip goes smoothly. I just booked a seat for me (and my cat!) for the following Saturday, 11/14. Same path.
    Safe travels!
    If I get there on the 7th I'm staying until the 21st. I hope you and the cat travel smoothly. I had originally tried to book the flight from Curacao on EZ Air, but they did not have availability on the same day I was arriving and departing. The DiviDivi plane is tiny and a bit scary - it is the part of the trip I'm not over excited about, although I am more concerned about entry and timely transfer at Curacao given all the Covid precautions and ever changing rules. It will be a somewhat stressful journey.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    If I get there on the 7th I'm staying until the 21st. I hope you and the cat travel smoothly. I had originally tried to book the flight from Curacao on EZ Air, but they did not have availability on the same day I was arriving and departing. The DiviDivi plane is tiny and a bit scary - it is the part of the trip I'm not over excited about, although I am more concerned about entry and timely transfer at Curacao given all the Covid precautions and ever changing rules. It will be a somewhat stressful journey.

I've been travelling with divi a lot of times. They run a good operation. Even helped me skip the line at customs when my flight arrived late and I ran the risk if missing the divi flight.
    I would be more concerned about their luggage weight restrictions.
    From the divi website:
    The free baggage allowance is 18 kg (39 pounds) per passenger per seat and varies according to the availability of space on board our aircraft.
    Due to the limited availability of space on board our aircraft‚ you excess baggage might arrive on a later flight.

In the past, Divi has on occasion delivered my bags late, the following morning and on occasion I have been charged extra for overweight. It's a crap-shoot. Still, the cost and inconvenience is relatively small.

LOCAL | By Correspondent Oct. 29, 2020KRALENDIJK, WILLEMSTAD - Bonaire has promised to resume air traffic with Curaçao. The Lieutenant Governor of Bonaire Edison Rijna has announced this.
    There may be a maximum of two flights per airline per day, this is only allowed on the days Monday to Thursday. This applies to both Divi Divi Air and EZAir based on their current fleet. The development of the contamination level on both islands will determine whether this will be further developed or reduced in the coming period.

Avalpert is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by smits View Post
    LOCAL | By Correspondent Oct. 29, 2020KRALENDIJK, WILLEMSTAD - Bonaire has promised to resume air traffic with Curaçao. The Lieutenant Governor of Bonaire Edison Rijna has announced this.
    There may be a maximum of two flights per airline per day, this is only allowed on the days Monday to Thursday. This applies to both Divi Divi Air and EZAir based on their current fleet. The development of the contamination level on both islands will determine whether this will be further developed or reduced in the coming period.
    Hmm, does that mean no weekend flights - so if we flew to Curacao on Saturday we'd have to wait until Monday to go to Bonaire?

That's how I read it too.