Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Travel Restrictions

Although itís perfectly ok to share your opinion, it would be most helpful if you a) clarified it was just your opinion or b) cited something credible you heard or read somewhere to substantiate it.

When Bonaire implemented the travel restrictions they gave every ďforeigner,Ē US or otherwise, and ALL airlines the opportunity to return anyone stranded on Bonaire the ability to depart right up to the end of March. Delta, United, American & KLM flew empty planes in to retrieve travelers. Why would the airlines come back empty for stragglers????

Bonaire might extend the restriction, it might also implement quarantine recommendations or mandatory testing for returnees and visitors - just my opinion, but Bonaire will open its borders and commercial airlines will only resume flights if they can fill seats.

i usually visit for two weeks every four weeks year round. I own a house there and Iím anxious to get back. Iím hoping late May or the latest late June we can travel again. Time will tell. Iím antsy.

tursiops is online now Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Although it’s perfectly ok to share your opinion, it would be most helpful if you a) clarified it was just your opinion or b) cited something credible you heard or read somewhere to substantiate it.
    And it would be helpful if you referred to which post your comment applies!
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Kate B is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Hi everyone,

This from the Bonaire airport website, another two week extension of the flight ban. The previous extension was also two weeks from the one before that. We look to the flamingo airport website to stay updated on the extensions. It says:

Extension of the current flight prohibitions in connection with the COVID-19 virus

Based on current information from RIVM, the Ministries of Infrastructure and Health have decided to extend the applicable restrictions on air traffic with passengers until 15 May 2020 at 6:00 PM (local time).
    Kate Butler
    "Ask Kate" real estate columnist for the Bonaire Reporter
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    And it would be helpful if you referred to which post your comment applies!
    Sorry - I should not do this from my phone.

petri hausmann
    Bonaire LoverBonaire Talker

Join DateJun 2011Posts382

check that -seriously doubt Bonaire will open . A repat chartered flight to return american citizens on Bonaire is tentatively scheduled for June.

Kate, Thanks for this update - we were supposed to fly from Newark on United to Bonaire on May 16th from Newark but I just found out United cancelled that flight - I still hope travel restrictions are lifted sooner if it is safe to do so.

We left Bonaire on February 12th via EZ Air to Curacao and American to Miami. Our March 21 return visit to Bonaire was cancelled. Now that I know we can't come back in May, I'm hoping our June 27th visit will happen. Crazy times. More importantly, I hope everyone reading this is healthy, safe, and not going stir crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate B View Post
    Hi everyone,

This from the Bonaire airport website, another two week extension of the flight ban. The previous extension was also two weeks from the one before that. We look to the flamingo airport website to stay updated on the extensions. It says:

Extension of the current flight prohibitions in connection with the COVID-19 virus

Based on current information from RIVM, the Ministries of Infrastructure and Health have decided to extend the applicable restrictions on air traffic with passengers until 15 May 2020 at 6:00 PM (local time).

pillpusher is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

I just noticed that my June 27th United flights from IAH now show "flights in your itinerary has been cancelled or is still not confirmed." Though, I have absolutely no idea what that means. Cancelled, or they're just not sure yet?

Quote Originally Posted by petri hausmann View Post
    check that -seriously doubt Bonaire will open . A repat chartered flight to return american citizens on Bonaire is tentatively scheduled for June.
    Hello, I read about the May 10th flight from to repatriate from Bonaire (to curacao ) to Miami but not about tentative June flight. Is this information posted somewhere?

Kate B is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Hi,
    I posted this in another stream, but it actually fits in this one.

The government is repatriating Bonaire residents who were off the island when the virus hit in other countries. This is a staggered process of residents flying in every few weeks, at which point the returnees are quarantined for 2 weeks at Buddy Dive resort. They canít see anyone except their assigned liaison who brings supplies, and they canít leave their rooms.

The first group of returnees has just been cleared to leave quarantine and then the next group will fly in, until all the Bonaire residents who were off island are brought back. The repatriation flight schedule extends into August, so it seems likely there will be no tourist flights until repatriation is completed or beyond.

We miss you, and hope you stay well.
    Kate Butler
    "Ask Kate" real estate columnist for the Bonaire Reporter
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

pillpusher is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Ah, gotcha. August 1st is the first flight United offers to BON at this point, but that may change. Turns out my flight WAS cancelled, and I was able to get a refund. Problem is, the United flights that ARE available to book are now over $1400 RT through the end of the year and beyond. What is THAT all about? I'd swim there before I pay that much for a 5 hour flight.

MelE is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Currently, the airport in Bonaire is closed until May 15. I personally think, and probably most people on the island will agree, that the flight ban will be extended. So United canít know for sure yet but they must guess that as well.
    Residents are still trying to get home from the Netherlands and that is a process of allowing a few at a time fly home and then quarantining them at a resort for two weeks. I would be surprised if anyone that isnít a resident will be able to come to Bonaire this summer unless they're coming here for work related reasons like doctors or pilots.