Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Travel Restrictions

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by pillpusher View Post
    Ah, gotcha. August 1st is the first flight United offers to BON at this point, but that may change. Turns out my flight WAS cancelled, and I was able to get a refund. Problem is, the United flights that ARE available to book are now over $1400 RT through the end of the year and beyond. What is THAT all about? I'd swim there before I pay that much for a 5 hour flight.
    That awful.
    KLM is offering low prices from Amsterdam to Curacao and Bonaire, starting August 15 for EURo 548

Better than American Airlines they want $5500 RT and i checked flights through September.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalDiver View Post
    Better than American Airlines they want $5500 RT and i checked flights through September.
    From where?
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

pillpusher is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

United flights have come back down to earth ($753). Maybe it was either a mistake, or they were temporarily trying to gouge the people that were looking to immediately reschedule. Now, the question is, do y'all think the island will be opened back up to visitors at that time?

United flights have come back down to earth ($753). Maybe it was either a mistake, or they were temporarily trying to gouge the people that were looking to immediately reschedule. Now, the question is, do y'all think the island will be opened back up to visitors at that time?
    Are you referring to August? The short answer is no one knows at this point. I moved my May/June trip to November. We were offered July and August but my guess was that will also be a no go. United's schedule typically has them shutting down mid august to end of Oct/beginning of Nov. I don't see them starting flights just for a couple weeks in August just before their normal shutdown but again no one knows at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by tkaelin View Post
    Are you referring to August? The short answer is no one knows at this point. I moved my May/June trip to November. We were offered July and August but my guess was that will also be a no go. United's schedule typically has them shutting down mid august to end of Oct/beginning of Nov. I don't see them starting flights just for a couple weeks in August just before their normal shutdown but again no one knows at this point.
    Yes, August. Though, I don't recall them ever shutting down flights for any period, at least not from Houston. I remember they made it a seasonal thing a long time ago, but that only lasted a year or so. They are currently showing their normal IAH-BON routes every week starting with July 11th. Now, I don't see the Newark flight for that period, though, so maybe that's what you're referring to.

Yes, August. Though, I don't recall them ever shutting down flights for any period, at least not from Houston. I remember they made it a seasonal thing a long time ago, but that only lasted a year or so. They are currently showing their normal IAH-BON routes every week starting with July 11th. Now, I don't see the Newark flight for that period, though, so maybe that's what you're referring to.
    Yes I was referring to Newark regarding the seasonal shutdown.

Well, we had flights on American Albuquerque to Curacao on 08/29 then back on 09/15 with the intention of Cur to Bon on 08/30 then back on 09/14. American just dropped the Mia-Cur leg from our flight, taking us to Mia on 8/29 then back from Mia on 09/14.

I think the real deal is, they have no idea what, where, or when they are flying. They can only do what the various governments allow and that seems to change by the hour.

JBODell is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

I would say at least till after they are done repatriating citizens, August i believe, and quarantining program has concluded.
    I would hate to show up just to spend my dive vacation confined to a room.

Quote Originally Posted by JBODell View Post
    I would say at least till after they are done repatriating citizens, August i believe, and quarantining program has concluded.
    I would hate to show up just to spend my dive vacation confined to a room.
    Speaking of which, I wonder why they're doing that process so few at a time? It's not like there's any shortage of hotel rooms to quarantine them in.