Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Travel Restrictions

JBODell is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by tkaelin View Post
    Looks like May is now out for US flights. Don't see any for Delta, United or AA.

I've still got my flight for end of May on united. My friends flight the week before me got canceled. so if it holds, it looks like i may be one of the first to visit. I'm very interested how the fish life has responded to the lack of tourist.

Quote Originally Posted by JBODell View Post
    I've still got my flight for end of May on united. My friends flight the week before me got canceled. so if it holds, it looks like i may be one of the first to visit. I'm very interested how the fish life has responded to the lack of tourist.
    I see nature taking back all over the island. With the lack of people on the beaches, dive sites, etc., there are many more birds than before, at least along the coasts. I see shoals of fish in the shallows, which normally are not there in this quantity.

I was supposed to be there the last week of May through the first week in June. Delta has canceled the flight. Of course they won't give a refund, only an "e-credit" that is good for 2 years. I guess the billions in bail-out money isn't enough.

Upstate/Central NY Fingerlakes region near Syracuse, NY

We were supposed to be there the first 2 weeks of May, which we knew wouldn't happen so we waited for Delta to cancel and they did on 14 April and gave the credit. I messaged them with specific info and they changed it to a refund with no resistance.
    "Stay in school, work hard, stay out of trouble and when you grow up, you can pay for those who didn't."

Quote Originally Posted by JBODell View Post
    You might want to double check that.

JBODell is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

yep got bumped yesterday, so rescheduled to the last weekend in June.

Thanks to 1Bajapilot for the suggestion. I emailed Delta and they are refunding the tickets to my credit card instead of with e-tickets. I'd rather be going, but maybe next year.

Upstate/Central NY Fingerlakes region near Syracuse, NY

MarkD you're welcome.
    Airlines are counting on people not being aware that, according to the industry regs and especially their own charters, if they cancel a flight and the customer asks (that's the key) they are required to refund. They just make it a credit (interest free loan to them) and hope it pacifies. Some charters get even more specific. For example, Delta is required to refund (again, f you ask) if they change your flight more than 90 minutes. They just reschedule or move you around and hope you're happy. Personally, I'd rather have the money myself to use as I please. Delta was great in communication through fruition and we'll be with them again as soon as this all passes, missing Bonaire horribly.
    "Stay in school, work hard, stay out of trouble and when you grow up, you can pay for those who didn't."

check that -seriously doubt Bonaire will open . A repat chartered flight to return american citizens on Bonaire is tentatively scheduled for June.

We also always use Delta to Bonaire, and we will again. We couldn't make it last year, so we were very excited about this trip. It seems like it's been so long and we really miss it.