Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Travel Restrictions

Default Current Travel Restrictions

My family and I had a trip to Bonaire at the end of March that we had to postpone until August. I donít see that trip happening either. Does anyone have any insight on when the current travel ban might be lifted?

tursiops is online now Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Why do you think August is unlikely?
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

JBODell is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Iíd be surprised if things donít start moving by mid May.
    thatís the vibe Iím putting out cuz Iíve got a trip booked for end of May.

At this point, any date would be speculation. There are still far more unknowns than knowns with respect to this virus.

Kate B is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Xspecht View Post
    My family and I had a trip to Bonaire at the end of March that we had to postpone until August. I don’t see that trip happening either. Does anyone have any insight on when the current travel ban might be lifted?
    Hi everyone,

Here is the info that was just released on Bonaire:
    Based on current information from the Ministries of Infrastructure and Health (RIVM), the decision has been made to extend Bonaire's flight prohibitions on air traffic with passengers until April 28, 2020.

Hope you are all well,
    Kate Butler
    "Ask Kate" real estate columnist for the Bonaire Reporter
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

The first United flights I see from the NYC area start the 3rd week in May. Everything is up in the air at this point. Pun intended.

Looks like May is now out for US flights. Don't see any for Delta, United or AA.

All the airlines can do is look to as near as possible then hope. They must make reservations for flights until those flights are cancelled in order to have a sensible re-start.

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
    All the airlines can do is look to as near as possible then hope. They must make reservations for flights until those flights are canceled in order to have a sensible re-start.
    I would be very much surprised if flights will be accepted from not Corona free countries as soon as July. I received info that KLM will probably cancel all their flights until July 1st.
    I would NOT be surprised if a larger number of tourists will be able to come to the Caribean not earlier than september/october.
    But I hope that I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by smits View Post
    I would be very much surprised if flights will be accepted from not Corona free countries as soon as July. I received info that KLM will probably cancel all their flights until July 1st.
    I would NOT be surprised if a larger number of tourists will be able to come to the Caribean not earlier than september/october.
    But I hope that I'm wrong.
    You may be right. It really is anyone's guess at this point. Things are changing day to day. I will be rebooking my cancelled trip and have a choice of August or November. Leaning towards a Nov trip