Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: Current Travel Restrictions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Coeur d'Alene, ID USA
    Posts
    103

    Default Current Travel Restrictions

    My family and I had a trip to Bonaire at the end of March that we had to postpone until August. I donít see that trip happening either. Does anyone have any insight on when the current travel ban might be lifted?

  2. #2
    tursiops's Avatar
    tursiops is online now Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Why do you think August is unlikely?
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

  3. #3
    JBODell is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Iíd be surprised if things donít start moving by mid May.
    thatís the vibe Iím putting out cuz Iíve got a trip booked for end of May.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Posts
    160

    Default

    At this point, any date would be speculation. There are still far more unknowns than knowns with respect to this virus.

  5. #5
    Kate B's Avatar
    Kate B is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Sabadeco, Bonaire
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xspecht View Post
    My family and I had a trip to Bonaire at the end of March that we had to postpone until August. I don’t see that trip happening either. Does anyone have any insight on when the current travel ban might be lifted?
    Hi everyone,

    Here is the info that was just released on Bonaire:
    Based on current information from the Ministries of Infrastructure and Health (RIVM), the decision has been made to extend Bonaire's flight prohibitions on air traffic with passengers until April 28, 2020.

    Hope you are all well,
    Kate Butler
    "Ask Kate" real estate columnist for the Bonaire Reporter
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    76

    Default

    The first United flights I see from the NYC area start the 3rd week in May. Everything is up in the air at this point. Pun intended.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Looks like May is now out for US flights. Don't see any for Delta, United or AA.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Posts
    160

    Default

    All the airlines can do is look to as near as possible then hope. They must make reservations for flights until those flights are cancelled in order to have a sensible re-start.

  9. #9
    smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
    All the airlines can do is look to as near as possible then hope. They must make reservations for flights until those flights are canceled in order to have a sensible re-start.
    I would be very much surprised if flights will be accepted from not Corona free countries as soon as July. I received info that KLM will probably cancel all their flights until July 1st.
    I would NOT be surprised if a larger number of tourists will be able to come to the Caribean not earlier than september/october.
    But I hope that I'm wrong.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smits View Post
    I would be very much surprised if flights will be accepted from not Corona free countries as soon as July. I received info that KLM will probably cancel all their flights until July 1st.
    I would NOT be surprised if a larger number of tourists will be able to come to the Caribean not earlier than september/october.
    But I hope that I'm wrong.
    You may be right. It really is anyone's guess at this point. Things are changing day to day. I will be rebooking my cancelled trip and have a choice of August or November. Leaning towards a Nov trip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •