Thread: Construction in Bonaire

Smile Construction in Bonaire

Hi Dear all;
    I am new in the forum and I think I will enjoy it!!

My husband and I we want to move to Bonaire next year. We already bought a Plot there and I want to go in June (if I can take my fly). We want to start building, but it is a little bit difficult if you live abroad. And we donít know any construction company there. I was researching in Internet; I contact some of the companies and I wrote some e-mail some months ago, but they donít respond me. Please I would appreciate if you have some recommendation from some contractors that I can contact them in June.
    Thank you in advance
    Rocio

Kate B is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Hi Rocio,
    It’s very hard to start building when you’re off the island. Builders, like architects, banks, and other companies, get so many emails and calls from off-island people who want information that they tend to respond only when you’re here in person.

if you email or call the companies a week or two before you arrive and say “may we have an appointment with you at 10 am on June 15th to discuss building a home on our lot” you are more likely to get a response. Unlike all the emails that request general information about building a home on Bonaire, yours will ask for a specific time and date for appointment.

In general, building here takes 12 to 18 months, not including the time it will take to get on the builder’s schedule. There is so much construction going on here on Bonaire that a client of mine was recently given a start date of over six months from now for construction to begin.

My suggestion is that you meet with an architect, builder or construction supervisor while you’re here visiting, and get on their construction schedule for when you move here. Rent a place for the time it will take to construct the home. We recommend you do not start building till you live here, or else be prepared to fly back here every other month or so to supervise progress and quality.

Best of luck,
    Kate Butler
    "Ask Kate" real estate columnist for the Bonaire Reporter
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

Dear Kate:

Thank you for your quick response and information. I will take your recommendation into consideration and I will call them before I will arrive in Bonaire. It Is good to know that we need to stay in Bonaire during the construction, that we shall need to manage with my husband. it will be a little bit difficult because we work always abroad, right now we are in Africa.
    Please if you know some contractors companies I will appreciate if you can send me the names, if it is here not possible in this forum you can send me in private message.
    Thank you so much and Best Regards
    Rocio

Default contractor Bonaire

Quote Originally Posted by Rocio View Post
    Hi Dear all;
    I am new in the forum and I think I will enjoy it!!

My husband and I we want to move to Bonaire next year. We already bought a Plot there and I want to go in June (if I can take my fly). We want to start building, but it is a little bit difficult if you live abroad. And we donít know any construction company there. I was researching in Internet; I contact some of the companies and I wrote some e-mail some months ago, but they donít respond me. Please I would appreciate if you have some recommendation from some contractors that I can contact them in June.
    Thank you in advance
    Rocio
    Hi Rocio,

I am also new in the forum.
    I am contractor on Bonaire: Koraal Bouw Bonaire.
    you can send me an email alwin@koraalbouw.com
    We can help you with your new house!

Best regards,
    Alwin

Thank you Alwin; i will contact you.
    Regards
    Rocio