After finding out that our "out of country travel insurer" would not extend our medical coverage if we chose to stay on Bonaire ( which we felt was safer that being in Canada) we had to leave. We had tickets with AA for April 3rd departure but we could not reach them to change or travel plans to their last flight March 23rd no email sent to advise us!!!

So we bought new tickets to head out today March 23rd. By the way around noon today we receive an email advising us that we may not be able to re enter Canada via the USA lol

Meanwhile on Friday March 20th a friend told us that Sunwing was offering free repatriation flights to Toronto Canada if they had the seating available. So we made our way to the airport, went on standby and flew back to Canada. We give three thumbs up for the entire Sunwing team as we even offered to pay for our seats. The whole experience was above board.

Cannot say the same for Air Canada petro cost is way down and still to fly less than 500 kilometers they charged $944 for two seats. People will remember these things and I hope Sunwing does well in the future with their flights Toronto to Bonaire. They sure have my husband and I convinced that Sunwing is a good corporate citizen.

Lise Strachan