Thread: Flights to Bonaire

Default Flights to Bonaire

Hello All,
    I hope to find everyone safe and healthy. Has anyone heard anything about when they will restart flights to Bonaire from the USA? We are planning on using United to get there and AA to get home. As of now on their apps...both flights seem to be going. There are no notices/ cancellations of them. I sent them both emails but havenít heard back yet. Our departure date is May 2.
    Iím wondering if we should start looking at other dates and make the appropriate changes now so we can get our vacation weeks switched with the union. Is there anyone with similar situations?
    Please PM if you feel more comfortable.
    Thank you in advance for your thoughts and opinions
    JuJu

I think the reality is no one knows. They'll reevaluate based on current data every couple weeks.
    Seems like all the projections are talking about mid-summer before cases taper off...?
    We are scheduled 2 weeks ahead of you, but I expect to postpone it unless some miracle happens. Probably even if they open the airport. I'd hate to be the one who felt fine but brought something to the island.

Kate B is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by jujubees View Post
    Hello All,
    I hope to find everyone safe and healthy. Has anyone heard anything about when they will restart flights to Bonaire from the USA? We are planning on using United to get there and AA to get home. As of now on their apps...both flights seem to be going. There are no notices/ cancellations of them. I sent them both emails but havenít heard back yet. Our departure date is May 2.
    Iím wondering if we should start looking at other dates and make the appropriate changes now so we can get our vacation weeks switched with the union. Is there anyone with similar situations?
    Please PM if you feel more comfortable.
    Thank you in advance for your thoughts and opinions
    JuJu

Hi JuJu,

There is no set date to resume flights. The original ban was supposed to last till the end of March, but now the ban leaves any dates off and just says all flights to Bonaire are suspended. Your airline may be keeping the flights online until it gets closer to the date, to see what happens.

The last flights back to the US leave this weekend from Bonaire.
    Kate Butler
    "Ask Kate" real estate columnist for the Bonaire Reporter
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

United reservation system allowed me to rebook to April 11 but I am not optimistic. I was originally scheduled for March 21.
    But today my United app has a notice for me to call United concerning my upcoming trip. Hmmmm.....
    The trend is more lockdown, tighter travel restrictions, isolation so I do not see how we can plan anything until restrictions are lifted.
    My strategy is to keep pushing out my reservation every few weeks as long as United allows it without change penalty and until Bonaire lifts restrictions.

Also, if you book(d) any ticket on United between March 2 and March 31 they allow changes without change fee.

In lockdown here in San Jose.
    Joe

I'm booked on Delta the last week of May. I haven't cancelled the flight nor the airbnb yet, but I'm thinking it's not going to happen. I'm also on lockdown in Santa Cruz.
    Mark