Thread: ROAD TAX...

Default ROAD TAX...

Where can we pay this ??

Any bank for a $5 fee for or no charge at the post office. Must bring your letter -you have until 31 march.

Thank you Petri ...... as usual the greedy banks have their hands out ..... I'll try the P.O.

super - and the personnel very friendly and smile!!!! don't forget the letter!!!!

agd is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

I looked it up on the internet and the cost this year for a B or V car is still $190.

Petri, are you sure you need the letter? Last year I just brought in my document and gave them the money, got a receipt and no questions asked. I have never been checked by the politie, but maybe I am lucky?

I take the letter since this is Bonaire and you never know what needs to shown (usually the 1 paper you don't have with you) and it has all the info on it- especially your crib number.

agd is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Hi Petri

You are so right about how simple things can become complicated around here so your experience and advice is appreciated. But since my mail rarely seems to get to me, I decided to try well ahead of any deadlines to allow a margin in case of problems. With my CRIB, the certificae of Insurance, passport and $190 in cash I was, thankfully, able to process my road tax at the FXDX old post office location painlessly without the letter.

Andy

i live in Rincon -no chance of mail -"scheduled"a once a week!!! Rinconeros had a special delivery for the tax letter. Happy to see you roll with the flow - that's the Bonaire way - it will never change-love it or waste you your time complaining -accept the special detours and play the game. That is the way it is here.

Hey, Petri, it's no different in Hato! I consider myself lucky if my mailbox gets opened twice a month!

Quote Originally Posted by petri hausmann View Post
    i live in Rincon -no chance of mail -"scheduled"a once a week!!! Rinconeros had a special delivery for the tax letter. Happy to see you roll with the flow - that's the Bonaire way - it will never change-love it or waste you your time complaining -accept the special detours and play the game. That is the way it is here.