Thread: Diverís Paradise

Default Diverís Paradise

Hello, has anyone stayed at Diverís Paradise? Wondering what their dive/stay experience was.

gbf is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

My daughter and I stayed there for 2 weeks this past August.

John Schwind is owner/operator, and lives just across the street. A GREAT guy.

Ordinarily we stay on the water, and our preferred place is Beachcomber Villas. Not available that time, so we decided to take a flyer on Divers Paradise - which came with glowing recommendations from folks we trust on the island.

We were in #7, a top floor one bedroom, nicely furnished. Had a partially obstructed view of the sunsets from the balcony. If John cut the big tree down as he said he planned to, there'll be a pretty good view. The apartment had cold AC in the bedroom, 2 twin beds for us, but could be made into a king.

Shower had an instant hot water heater, so always plenty of hot water, though not really necessary.

The balcony had a screen curtain surrounding it that kept the mosquitos out and made sitting on the balcony very pleasant, and allowed for good air flow thru the living area. The front door had a lockable and secure screen door that kept the airflow going.

Small TV that we never turned on.

Safe for valuables in bedroom.

Adequate kitchen and utensils. Full-sized refrigerator. Mr. Coffee drip coffee-maker.

Secure storage area under the apartment for dive gear.

Rinse tank that you could fill and use if you wanted. We didn't, always used DFB at Oasis rinse tanks.

We liked it a lot, and will return there if/when we return to Bonaire. We've been to Bon a number of times, and the allure of staying on the water is less. As my young daughter pointed out, "save the $ and lets have a couple of really nice dinners".

Specific questions?
    Brad Ford