Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Day and Happy Birthday Andy (AKA) Fancy Pants

Little Ole Me is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Yay!!! Here's to the New Year, Old friends and a meet for sure in the future, and of course the Starship!Enterprise.jpg

Martin towered over the diminutive Texan, John P Whalig. "So laddie, we're agreed then .. you'll report directly to me and your daily wage will be three guilders, right?" John P had no idea what a guilder was, and even less how long a day might be. (Here, on BT El Juice, suns and moons rattled past with such alarming frequency that time had little meaning). He meekly nodded his acceptance of Martin's 'Employment terms and conditions' while swatting a passing chatgnat. It's mumbled pleasantries stained the back of his hand bright orange. I'll give you 'Happy Bloody New Year' he growled .
    John P was confused. He'd spent most of his life that way. Way back in 2003 he had posted a simple holiday related question on the BT forum of the time (a happy, fun filled place), only to be verbally assaulted and ridiculed by the Floridian bad boy of the time, Geologydave Scott, who refused to believe John's identity and instead wanted to call him Rudyard Jr. "Why? Why me?" he'd asked himself many times since. However, he was to suffer a far worse case of mistaken identity shortly after... He was mistaken for someone who wanted to spend the next 15 years of their life below ground mining rare metals, to swell still further, the already bulging bank account of Dave Scott. And all this hard labour just to gain the credits necessary to purchase a ticket for Jake Richter's 'Ride of a Lifetime' space trip. He was 100% certain it wasn't him! It had to be someone else, surely? But with few other obvious options John P Wahlig took the three guilders offered and reluctantly returned Martin's salute, who, relishing his new role as Security Chief, removed his newly acquired straw boater & kissed the saucer sized pink badge adorning it for extra emphasis to the recruitment. Sure, he'd have preferred a prime colour for the badge, but had grudgingly conceded to Jean Luc during the hastily arranged presentation ceremony, that it was indeed colour coordinated with his flesh tone leotard. Martin brushed the gathered sand from the boater & jammed it firmly back on his naked cranium before surveying the attendant crowd for his next 'likely unwilling' team member... (to be continued)

what will become of J.P. ?? will Martin adjust his leotard in a proper way ??? will Jean Luc get color corrective lenses ???? Will Geodave emerge from the depths of Kralendijk ?? stay tuned , right here for the latest adventures of " BT EL Juice in space"
    Freddie

Can't wait to see who the next recruit will be, poor devil!

While Rudyard is celebrating a belated Birthday and Holiday season across the pond, we may be safe to just chat. So glad the holidays are over, decorations will come down this weekend, and tomorrow a vet visit for Floyd, our Green wing Macaw. Diagnosed with a hernia??? Anyone want to try and put a number on what this will cost! Should be a FUN filled day!

I started to take my stuff down today.... George's tree was really droopy so he took that down yesterday... I am trying to consolidate my stuff so it doesn't take so much room in the small attic that we have.... I am even throwing stuff..... And donating to church fair if anything looks really in good shape... Next year there will be a lot donations.... Since I am leaving for VA on Sunday. I will leave my tree and kitchen decorates up until I get back.... Loving My artificial tree. The driftwood tree bitthe dust literally this year. I could not stand it any longer... Loving the kitchen without it.... Good luck to Floyd... I hope you are pleasantly surprised about the$$$....
    Freddie

Got a private message from Andy...we are good. I would have responded but darned if I can find the message now.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
    Got a private message from Andy. I would have responded but darned if I can find the message now.
    That's not too difficult to explain Linda....
    1. Click on the "Notifications" button next to your Log-in Name at the top of the page.
    2. Click on Inbox, then you will see the PM s that have been sent to you, click the reply button and write your message then click "Send" or is it "Reply"

good to see so many of the ol' BTers popping in
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ModRoy; 01-03-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

Roy, another tidbit about the board I had no idea about as well, I just checked my inbox and there is a message from Elaine. Happy to open it today. xo 2011 and 2012 !

Hello! I forgot my password, but Roy quickly came to the rescue
    Sarah Jane