Thread: Klein or car rental?

Default Klein or car rental?

we will be cruising in and need help deciding between the Klein taxi or a car rental and hitting up other spots on the island that may be harder for tours to get to. We have kids ages 6-13.

I would rent a car and you can take the kids to Lac Bay. They will love it there.

Thanks Stretch! I was leaning toward the car too. That gives us more options where as the water taxi would cut into most of the budget and restrict us close to port(lame) 👍🏼

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I would rent a car and make a tour around the island. Go to the saltponds (flamingos) and the slave huts and the light tower. Watch kitesurfing. Have lunch at Lac Bay. Than take the coastal road to Rincon. Have a nice view of lake Goto (flamigos). Then continu to seru Grandi to have a nice overview of the island.

Klein Bonaire is just a beach -no shade-no vendors - also there are many taxi drivers that offer personal island tours and will be happy to do what you wish. Shop the stents just outside of the pier. Prices are set by the government

Thanks smits and petri it def helps planning things out with some insight. The kids definitely want to see flamingos. How bad are the urchins? Thatís the only thing I worry about w the kiddos.

only an occasional urchin if any

Quote Originally Posted by bosscrab View Post
    Thanks Stretch! I was leaning toward the car too. That gives us more options where as the water taxi would cut into most of the budget and restrict us close to port(lame) 
    i agree car rental is a must, donít wait to do it, they sell out. Water taxi is $10, Klein is a nice way to spend a few hours a a beach, but there are beaches you can reach by car too. Most cars and crew cab pickups seat 5. There are wat
    mor manual transmissions then automatics when it comes to the trucks. Donít worry about AC.