Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Older diver coming back to Bonaire

I've been going to Bonaire since 1972, haven't missed a year.... two years ago I noticed that my wife had kinda given up on working out.... and I reminded her that we have to deal with surge, tank weight, weights and other equipment poundage..... so we started back to the Y.... as an aging diver I know that conditioning is necessary..... legs and upper body needs to be conditioned, swimming is an great exercise and helps cardio more than you'd know..... do not get old before your time..... work and stay strong.... and understand your limits as WE get older.... about to spend 3.5 wks on Bonaire.... looking forward to being with mother ocean..... missing many of my friends that have gone before..... hope to see all you old farts still making it happen.....

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by WetWillie View Post
    I've been going to Bonaire since 1972, haven't missed a year.... two years ago I noticed that my wife had kinda given up on working out.... and I reminded her that we have to deal with surge, tank weight, weights and other equipment poundage..... so we started back to the Y.... as an aging diver I know that conditioning is necessary..... legs and upper body needs to be conditioned, swimming is an great exercise and helps cardio more than you'd know..... do not get old before your time..... work and stay strong.... and understand your limits as WE get older.... about to spend 3.5 wks on Bonaire.... looking forward to being with mother ocean..... missing many of my friends that have gone before..... hope to see all you old farts still making it happen.....

Enjoy your stay and keep fit!!