Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Slick Ladder

Dived here this morning, 2 steps are missing, one at the bottom, one in the middle. One other step also seems not so firm anymore, it's bending already.

Two rungs are missing, the very bottom one (not a big deal at high tide, bigger deal at low tide) and one of the middle rungs.

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

now that I know that the big S is not going to maintain the ladder I will make this pledge that if steps missing or loose they will be fixed. The biggest thing I need is a hack saw as I can go find and buy blades and new bolts and wood. Not certain where they got the lumber but was really high quality lumber and might be teak. I do wonder however when the 1000 steps need repairs who is going to step up to the plate and spend the time and money? Perhaps they need to charge $1 more per boat person tax and use that to pay for the repairs as huge numbers stop at the site in buses, stop, go to the beach, litter and then leave. Hate to be "that guy" but it is a fact and something needs to be planned now for the future. 20+ years we have been diving Bonaire and have seen lots of changes...some good and some not so good, but the key to the island is keeping a quality island for vacationers both long and short term. Cannot wait for January 31 to arrive.........and driving around again with my KC Chiefs flags flying on my dive truck! Cornhusker Out!

randl is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

I believe the steps are composite deck board, not lumber. Try Kooyman or Plaza.

I read somewhere that the ladder has been repaired, I think on Facebook.

Yes!

Anyone up there this week able to confirm, we know have a full ladder? To whomever did it 👍👍👍👍👍 Thnaks!

It's all true...counted 10 steps this morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by rayandpam View Post
    It's all true...counted 10 steps this morning.
    ok so I guess I can take off the time I would have spent fixing the steps and go play some putt putt golf!!!!! Nice to see it get done! Royce

randl is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

That's great! I can't remember the last time the bottom steps were in place!