Thread: Any non-listed properties for sale?

Default Any non-listed properties for sale?

My real estate agent stated that it's common to have silent listings in Bonaire. I'm looking for an ocean front house or larger condo. Anyone on here have any that they've thought about selling or have the contact information for anyone that might be? Let me know what you have I'm excited to plan our move!

Please make sure you are aware of our TOS, in particular C.3 & D.1 before replying, or keep replies via PM

Thanks
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

Yes, thank you for the reminder. Please PM me the information

Hi -

I've been selling real estate on Bonaire for over 15 years and i can tell you that in my experience there may be some silent listings at brokers from time to time, but they are relatively uncommon, and are rarely a good deal. On Bonaire, a silent listing aften means that the seller is asking a higher than market price and/or is not very motivated motivated to sell. In most cases you will end up paying a premium price for a "silent listing".

Judging from your post, I assume that you are also looking for properties that are "for Sale by Owner" (FSBO). If you should fall in love with a FSBO you should be careful of the following items:

- Although you think you are saving the cost of a commission, you may well end up paying much more than the "market" price for a property.
    - The sellers have no legal obligations toward you, they are only interested in getting the maximum price from you.
    - The legal language of Bonaire is Dutch, and i am guessing that you don't speak it
    - Bonaire law is essentially a "buyer beware" real estate market. If you buy it, it's yours, undisclosed defects an all.
    - Although sellers are legally obligated to disclose all defects in a house, there is limited protections for the buyer if this happens. The courts system is slow, lawyers are expensive and buyers rarely win.

In short, using s professional real estate broker to assist you in your home search will usually save you money.

Good luck in your house search!
    Bob Bartikoski
    Owner RE/MAX Paradise Homes
    www.bonairehomes.com

Bob, Thank you for your advice.
    You assume too much.
    As per the my original question and reason for the post: do you know any non-listed properties that are for sale? (that fit the criteria I was looking for)
    If not... Once again, thank you for the advice.