Thread: Ground Beef and Charcoal

Default Ground Beef and Charcoal

Does anyone to know if either Warehouse or Vander Tweel has ground beef? I've been in both many times but never really noticed...also, does anyone know where we can by charcoal and charcoal lighter on island? Thanks in advance....

I have found VDT to carry a good supply of ground beef. I normally buy the ‘good’ stuff which they list as ‘tartar’, but depending on your tastes it can be a bit on the lean side. They also carry some higher fat content ground beef. The price is higher than at home, but the quality is the same, IMHO.

Kooymans carries all you need for any Charcoal grill. Go in the front doors, turn left walk past the checkouts and you will see the BBQ section on your left. The have the US made Kingsford Briquets and also a couple of US brands of Lump Charcoal. There is also a local supplier of Lump Charcoal, I do not know the direct contact info. But normally the Hangout Bar at Lac Bai will sell you a bag or two. The local stuff can have some pretty big chunks, so you might have to take a small hatchet to them, as I do. I am a big Charcoal fan, we have a Big Green Egg (BGE) at our place and use it often. For starting up the Charcoal I prefer to use the BGE starting squares, they are sold by the Bakery and Restaurant supply store that is just a little to the east of VDT. I will try and find out their proper name and address and post it here.

Good luck and enjoy your burgers,......I always have a Bonaire Blonde with mine.
    S&E Tanton

The place I get my BGE stuff is Caribbean Bakery & Restaurant Supplies on Kaya Industria Pariba. The store is right across the street form the VDT warehouse location, not the VDT retail store. It is actually south of the VDT retail store, not east as I posted in my last email.
    S&E Tanton

ground beef is carne mula in papiamento