Thread: Propane tanks

Default Propane tanks

Hello Talkers, I'm moving to Bonaire in 2020. Are the propane tanks for a barbeque grill in Bonaire compatable with a grill purchased in the U.S.? If not, can they be adapted?

Thanks very much

Yes you can get the same tanks but they are not as readily available so always have a spare just in case. If you are handy I'm sure you will be able to adapt the connector to fit the more readily available tanks.

Playa Trading, just East of the Hato round-about carries a good selection of various adaptors. The 20Lbs bottles we typically use in the US and Canada, and are so easy to buy/fill can be a challenge to get on Bonaire. The Curoil Gas Station on Kaya Korona carries them, but their supply sometime runs out and you have to wait until ‘next week’,........or so. I do have a nice big Webber propane grill, but I tend to use my Big Green Egg more for grilling when I’m on Island. The supply of Lump Charcoal is not bad. Kooymans usually carries some, and there is a local dude who makes Bonaire Lump Charcoal for some of the restaurants. The Hangout Bar at Lac Bay will usually sell you a bag or two at a reasonable price. But as Pshelton mentioned try and keep a couple propane bottles around if you plan on grilling a lot . The 100 Lbs bottles seem easier to get but of course are harder to deal with.
    S&E Tanton