Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta flights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Delta flights

Delta has added some flights thru July so you can get your return trip from BON at 3pm rather than 6am.

Hopefully, it will be extended thru Oct.

Annapolis, Maryland and Santa Barbara, Bonaire

Delta's normal schedule is to arrive in Bonaire around 2pm and depart around 3pm.
    owner - Casa Bunita Bista

We take United to get there from Tulsa(9am to 6pm), Delta would be 6am to about 2pm with 49 min layover in Atlanta.
    Coming back United would be a 6am flight whereas Delta when available is 3pm.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

The original post would be clearer if it stated that Delta has added a Sunday flight from Atlanta down and back. So now instead of being stuck with United for a Sunday return, you have the choice of Delta.
    Personally, I'd be happier if United added a Saturday return....
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    The original post would be clearer if it stated that Delta has added a Sunday flight from Atlanta down and back. So now instead of being stuck with United for a Sunday return, you have the choice of Delta.
    Personally, I'd be happier if United added a Saturday return....
    I second you request for a United Saturday (evening) return. That Sunday morning return is a less than optimal way to end a vacation!

The Sunday Delta flight is typical for that time of year. I took it 2 years ago in June and am taking it again this June. I don't think it's really anything new.

Delta 3pm flight leaving Bonaire has been extended into some saturdays in Oct now. So we leave a day earlier now, let's see, leave Sat at 3 pm or Sun at 6am.

If you are trying to get airfare on Delta, you may want to try a google search in addition to checking Delta's own site. We live in Northern Michigan and normally use PLN to DTW to ATL layover one night and on to BON in the AM.
    This year the least expensive flight we could find was $1278 each and others were $1800 and over. In addition, Delta did not list many options even using their flexible date option. Finally, my wife did a google search and we found numerous other routings on Delta that Delta did not list.
    We found good connections PLN to DTW to CVG to ATL overnight and on to BON in the AM. Tickets were $865 each. Once you get the flight numbers you can call Delta to make your purchase.

The last couple years we get our flights from Tulsa to Bonaire early in the year then wait for Delta to start their pm flights and book our return. October seems to be our favorite time for Bonaire mainly due to warmer water, less crowded. We've always use https://matrix.itasoftware.com/ and search one way, and yes then go to the website to actually book. I think we got UA for $400 going over and Delta about $460 coming back, had to pay more so Pam could sit next to me. It's high but that's how it's been for several years now. The cheapest we've paid is like $440 roundtrip and the most was $1000, seems like $650 used to be the norm. Staying 2 weeks eases the pain.

for certain all flight prices seem to be higher this year