Thread: Slacker!....... Days 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Slacker!....... Days 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8

No doubt about it. Iím a Slacker. Canít believe itís been five days since my last post. Five days!!

In my defense, the internet in our condo unit was on the blink for a couple of days. But that doesnít account for all five. No excusesÖ.. Except, sunshine, warm water, scuba, sunsets, and rum punch!

Water temperature is a solid 78 degrees and visibility is standard Bonaire, somewhere around sixty feet. Some sites are better than others, and I believe itís clearer below 40 feet. Last weekís gale force winds stirred up the shallows a bit and theyíre just now starting to clear.
    All in all, great diving.

Last week we discovered that itís impossible to get Sudafed on the island. Double L woke up one morning with some slight congestion and was concerned about clearing. Apparently, Bonaire has some strict over-the-counter drug laws. Canít get Sudafed, Mucinex, NyQuil, and a host of others. Even the hospital pharmacy doesnít stock them. I understand that potent pain killers arenít accessible either. The lesson here is donít get sick on Bonaire. Thankfully, Lesís congestion cleared that afternoon, and she was able to continue diving.

Our creature count is pretty good. Weíve seen dolphins, squid, a spotted lobster, a bat-winged coral crab, three large green morays (two of them free swimming), and so many tarpon that Les and I donít even point them out to each other anymore.

On the second reef at The Lake we encountered a bait ball. It wasnít very large, but there were some Horse-Eyed Jacks circling, watching herd over it. Also at The Lake, we saw the biggest puffer fish Iíve ever seen. I swear its head was the size of a beach ball.

Weíve been told that thereís a huge bait ball between Pink Beach and Toriís Reef. Itís been there for several months and is in only about 15-20 feet of water. We plan to go after it tomorrow.

We had a burger at King Kong food truck the other day. Mighty tasty. The fryer was broken so we had to forego the fries. Hopefully thatíll be fixed by the time we hit them again this week.

Weíve also eaten at Pasa Bon Pizza twice. As some of you know, Joe and Lisa sold the restaurant recently to a local Bonaireian, Terrance. I have to say, the quality is just as good and Terranceís enthusiasm and dedication to customer service is impressive. I hope he does well and from what I can tell, heís doing everything right. We might return for another visit. Leslie says Terrance is hot and adds some eye candy to the joint.

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, the pizza is good and the Brights are cold.

Sorry this is such a lame entry. Iíll be more creative and interesting on posts this week. Only five dive days left. Hard to believe the trip is more than half over. Time to make the best of them.

Dive on Friends.

Dave & Leslie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Goodwin View Post
    No doubt about it. I’m a Slacker. Can’t believe it’s been five days since my last post. Five days!!

In my defense, the internet in our condo unit was on the blink for a couple of days. But that doesn’t account for all five. No excuses….. Except, sunshine, warm water, scuba, sunsets, and rum punch!

Dave & Leslie.
    Dave, on Bon that is a perfectly acceptable excuse..... I'm sure there's a saying "any report is better than no report"

we'll just have to be patient, so, as you said.... "Dive on friends"