Thread: Pre Paid Visa Cards

Default Pre Paid Visa Cards

Good Morning from snowy upstate NY..... getting ready for Bonaire.
    We were just reading from AAA that using Prepaid Visa cards to travel is
    a good way to go. Does anyone have experience using a prepaid card on
    Bonaire..... Please let me know...

Bill

Upstate/Central NY Fingerlakes region near Syracuse, NY

Great question, I'd like to know as well...never thought of this and never comfortable with cash. Travelers checks became a big inconvenience to cash at the banks. I see you're in Halfmoon; we visit Saratoga often and live in Homer.
    "Stay in school, work hard, stay out of trouble and when you grow up, you can pay for those who didn't."

yes -can even purchase at MCB a Visa Money Card if need be ---

Hey bajapilot... Saratoga is a great town.... a little crazy in the summer but still a little treasure..... on Bonaire come Saturday..... YES!!!!!!

Julia is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Hi Folks, for people visiting from the UK. I have used a CAXTON pre paid card on Bonaire for the past three years with no problems.

Upstate/Central NY Fingerlakes region near Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by WetWillie View Post
    Hey bajapilot... Saratoga is a great town.... a little crazy in the summer but still a little treasure..... on Bonaire come Saturday..... YES!!!!!!
    WetWille great for you! We're there 20 April through 04 May after plowing stops (allegedly). safe travels...enjoy!
    "Stay in school, work hard, stay out of trouble and when you grow up, you can pay for those who didn't."

What we do is we have a debit VISA card, and we use that as our primary card on Bonaire. It's cash, so we have no fees (unless we go over what we have on it), and we don't have to worry about paying it off later. Also, if we have $ remaining on it, we'll use it for our next trip. I have used regular credit cards on Bonaire without any issue. Avoid using an ATM, however, as the one time I did that I incurred $12 in fees to the Bonaire bank.