Thread: International Codes

Default International Codes

I finally got an answer to my question as to how to phone the USA from Bonaire
    How to call New York in United States from Bonaire:

00 - Exit code when making an international call from Bonaire
    1 - US country code for inbound calls
    00 + 1 + City Code + Local Number - International dialing code format

I called AT&T and told them I've had difficulty calling my CC provider at the 800 numbers. They told me "well you shouldn't"...... grrrr then told me just dial one.... been there and done that.... so here's what to do listed above.... by the way AT&T does have an international plan... you get charged $10/day for any day you used the plan.... nothing to just have it at your disposal...... 12 days til wheels down on Bonaire.... yes !!!!
    Catsponge-2.jpgDSC02033.jpg

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

The best resource I've found is this:
    https://www.howtocallabroad.com/codes.html
    (See also the FAQs: https://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/)

It gives all the country codes for dialing to any country (Bonaire is still listed as Netherlands Antilles). Note the three footnotes with 1, 2, or 3 asterisks!!
    For dialing out of a country, the "exit code" is used, which is 00 for Bonaire and 011 for the US. But Footnote ** points out that you can use the plus sign + instead of the exit code. This means you can store your CC 800 number as +1-800-XXX-XXXX in your phone, and use it anywhere....although the 800 number may not work. So it is better to store the local CC number instead of the 800 number, e.g. +1-XXX-XXX-XXXX which should work from anywhere.

Footnote *** is also useful. Ignore a leading zero 0 for a number someone gives you in-country, if you are going to call that number from out-of-country.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Thanks you da best!!!