Thread: Hang Out Beach Bar

Cool Hang Out Beach Bar

Hello,
    Id like to thank everyone for the amazing posts everyone has posted over the years. My husband and I will be going for our annual 9th year - 2 week yearly trip soon and would like to bring our island friends to the Thursday night BBQ at the hang bar at JIBE CITY, one of the nights we take them out,instead of taking them to our usual favorite restaurants on the island.
    Has anyone experienced these BBQ outside? Please share the good, the bad....and everything in between. Is it really worth it? Are there any sand fleas biting at you?
    We will also be celebrating our 10th year coming to the island and also our 10th year wedding anniversary next year and may renew our vows as well. Has anyone renewed their vows in Bonaire both on land and/or in the water...if so, can I please get suggestions or referrals?
    We may stay 3 weeks next year (2 adults) and may decide to chose another location. We would love to be close to the water, need to have a kitchen, a/c,SAFE,and WiFi. We would love to look at a few places while we are there this year....so any suggestions would be appreciated so I can make appointments to view the property.
    Please private message me
    Thank you,
    Juju

I can't offer any insight on the Jibe City bar, I can on where to stay.

We've been doing 2 weeks annually for 23 years. We've stayed at Captian Dons, Buddy Dive, Sand Dollar and for the last several years, Belmar. Belmar is on the water, has a kitchen, and convenient to almost everything. It is generally more laid-back than other places. Because Buddy Dive manages it, dive-n-drive is an available package. A/C, Safe, WiFi are all there. The dive staff (Buddy Dive employees) are great and, there is a security guard all night every night. Rinse tanks are availabie both out front near parking as well as on the dock out back. Air tanks are also available out front by parking (right off the road for easy pick-up) and on the dock.

The one downside, there are no single bedroom apartments on the first floor. We just pay the extra for a two bedroom though we don't use the second so we don't have to climb the stairs. There is a nice covered patio at each apartment. You can find pictures online.

There are other places that will fit your desires and I'm sure you will have a great time.

Thank you...