Thread: Water temps and viz

Default Water temps and viz

Heading down to our condo in 28 days. Can someone post water temps and viz? Most dive gear is already stored in our condo. Thanks

We'll be there Saturday. Heard from several on-island sources that water temps are in the upper 60's to low 70's. Haven't been in my drysuit for years...... figuring out how to layer some additional neoprene!

Brrrr!

I was there last week. The water was cold (74-76 F) such that over the course of the week I only wanted to do two divers. The first dive was up north (Rappel) and the visibility wasn't terrible but not great for Bonaire (say, 40 ft.). The second dive was at Klein (Sharon's Serenity) and the visibility was typical of my past dives at Klein (say, 60+ ft.). After about 20 minutes I was cold as I only brought a shorty. I was told that this time of year the water hits its seasonal low. Enjoy.

Water temp. was 78 F yesterday.

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

just got back from 2-months and never hit water temp under 74 but vis on south sites last 3-weeks was sometimes a problem as might have been 30'max as silt just terrible--made sure Mary was close by just to make sure no problems. Lots of great dives but north was certainly much better on viz and saw biggest bait ball ever on 1st dive with sister in law and there is a smaller bait ball between salt pier and pink beach all the time. Problem is it is leaving stuff in the water and not salt pier on south entry has a huge yellow growth on the floor and it covers a lot of area and same for other dive sites between the dive sites. Last dive at invisible s return trip had huge dark green moray free swimming right to us and Mary was just amazed as right under her.......and less than 30-seconds 2-lighter green colored moray's were right behind it and looks like fighting each other.

Already planning 2020 return trip----enjoy.