Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wounded Warriors Trip to Bonaire 24th to 31st August 2019

Lightbulb Wounded Warriors Trip to Bonaire 24th to 31st August 2019

after a 4 year break Bonaire Talk is supporting the Fundraising for this years Wounded Warriors Trip to Bonaire.

Bonaire will once again host the Wounded Warriors during the week of August 24th through 31st, 2019.
    During this week, severely wounded troops and their significant others will travel to the island to complete the
    final step in the process of obtaining their dive certification, hosted in the past by Captain Don's Habitat Bonaire.
    Each year the island opens their arms to welcome this group and shows them not only the natural beauty and pristine
    waters of Bonaire, but also the warmth and friendliness of the Bonairean people and their genuine hospitality."

In years past we have sent approx $2000 to the Warriors.. this money goes directly for their benefit.. sometimes it pays for a dinner or three… or it goes directly into their pocket so they don’t have to open their wallets… they have given enough already through their service…

This year we (Bonaire Talk) will be helping by spreading the word about a Go Fund Me action run by Stewart W. Snyder III, President of the Handicapped Scuba Diving Alliance, and BT are now also collecting to provide a BBQ meal at Rum Runners.

Donations are possible/welcome via this GoFundMe LINK - CLICK HERE

the proceeds go DIRECTLY INTO the WARRIORS TRIP FUND not through some CEO's pocket !!!!
    Last edited by ModRoy; 05-14-2019 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added exact dates
    PRA & ET Inc
    Proof Readers Anonymous & Extreme Testers

Bump

Regardless of our individual political views, let’s step up and show them our appreciation.

Just Donated
    S&E Tanton

Lightbulb BT Donation for BBQ at Capt. Don's Rum Runner Restaurant

We have now been asked as Bonaire Talk for a donation to the Wounded Warriors..

This year we have been asked to donate toward the BBQ at Capt. Don's Rum Runner restaurant.. Please find it in your hearts to open your wallets and donate to this good cause.. Your money will go DIRECTLY for this dinner and if there is anything left over it will go directly to the Wounded Warriors for pocket money...

If you would like to gift money, please use PayPal and send as a gift to board@bonairetalk.com in order to avoid charges.
    If you would rather gift via check or cash, please email the moderators by using the CONTACT US link at the bottom of every page.

Each year the handicapped Scuba Diving Alliance sends wounded Warriors (military wounded men and women) to Bonaire to be certified divers.. They are accompanied by their spouses or partners..
    PRA & ET Inc

Lightbulb Cash donations whilst you are on Bonaire in the next 3 months (May-July)

can be given to Ruth or Bette at KFC, please ensure you tell them it is for the WW BT Meal, and also drop us Mods an email or PM with date & amount, via the Contact Us/PM links here on BT.

Thank you in advance

The Mod Team
    PRA & ET Inc

Sent in a PayPal donation to the board email address. Let me know if you got it, thanks. If I am on Island I would also drop by and buy the folks a round, or two.

Cheers,
    Steve
    S&E Tanton

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck52 View Post
    Sent in a PayPal donation to the board email address. Let me know if you got it, thanks. If I am on Island I would also drop by and buy the folks a round, or two.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Yes I can confirm receipt your donation Steve, thank you very much for helping,

and also for the idea of confirmation here.
    Last edited by ModRoy; 05-14-2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: moved latest donations to top of List
    PRA & ET Inc

add $50

Thumbs up

Thanks Ron
    PRA & ET Inc

Can you possible post the dates here, when they are know??. We are back in Canada now, just flew back today, for the Summer months. But I would be most happy to meet the WW folks if we are back down when they do their trip.

Cheers,
    Steve
    S&E Tanton