Thread: Nespresso Machine from states 110v 60cycle

Default Nespresso Machine from states 110v 60cycle

Has anyone used a US Nespresso Machine on Bonaire. Asking if it would work. I know the cycles may affect it.
    Thanks

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Should be just fine. The cycles affect mainly clocks and rotating machinery. Might take the Nespresso pump a little longer to get up to pressure.
    My Nespresso (little label on the bottom) says 120v 60Hz, but the manual seems to allow for 50 Hz.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Haven't used a Nespresso machine but have a similar coffee/expresso question. I brought a Keurig down but can't find any pods for it. Does any of the grocery stores sell them now? I searched last year and finally just brought some down and also use the refillable pods.

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

bring along some of the plastic filters and you can select the coffee you want to brew for a cup of coffee to wake you up! We also bought one on Bonaire and cannot recall where we found the pods. My wife said we bought them at Van-T and it was a Senseo machine.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker View Post
    bring along some of the plastic filters and you can select the coffee you want to brew for a cup of coffee to wake you up! We also bought one on Bonaire and cannot recall where we found the pods. My wife said we bought them at Van-T and it was a Senseo machine.
    Hmmm,...four totally different kinds of pods: Keurig, Senseo, and Nespresso (two kinds). Why must it be so complicated?
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Maybe I am just an old timer, but there is/was? also the Bosch Tassimo Pods, I still have a machine in my basement bar in Calgary. We do use Nespresso in our Bonaire home, I am not there right now so I cannot check on the Voltage/Frequency of our unit for the OP. Up here in the Cold White North (aka Canada) Keurig seems to be the most popular right now, if you go by what is on the shelves at the local super markets. VDT in Kralandijk carries good ‘knockoff’ Nespresso pods, I can’t reacall the brand name right now. MultiMart on Kaya Industrial carries a good stock of the actual Nespresso Brand. I have not seen the bigger Nespresso Pods on Bonaire, but I have seen them in Canada. I agree it is somewhat complicated situation.
    S&E Tanton

As per the Nespresso site - "Make sure that the voltage of the power source is the same as that specified on the rating plate. The use of an incorrect voltage or frequency of electricity voids the warranty." That was for the C30 model.

Consider buying a Phillips Senseo machine down there. The pods are widely available and compostable. There is a greater variety of beverages. And I really find that the quality of the coffee is better than Nespresso.

Well thank you everyone for your input. Wound up buying a 220v 50cycle Nespresso machine at Mutlimart on Bonaire. Bon Di Gro sells both 220v and 110v machines. Both Multimart and Buddy Dive store in town sell both Nespresso machines and pods. Van den Tweel sells Perlo Brand pods that fit the Nespresso machines. That's about everything I know about Nespresso machines on Bonaire.