Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Limits Divi-Divi

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Did you try this email address: Reservations@flydivi.com
    I have emailed them recently and got an answer the same day.

tursiops is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Quote Originally Posted by Kharon View Post
    I'm not arguing safety.I think I flew Divi (at least not Insel) in 2011 and 2013 and the limits were 20 kilo checked and 10 kilo carry-on (normal size) and a personal item. I had no reason to expect that the limits had changed so drastically. There should be a prominant warning on the main page telling a prospective customer to check the limits before booking since they are so Draconian.

They may be a fine airline BUT I've emailed 5 times - I have two normal size carry-on suitcases - 22" x 14" x 9" with a total of 25 kilo split fairly evenly. All I want to know is if I can be sure that one bag (at least) will be sure to fly with me in baggage or where ever. The other can come later that day, the next day or even the day after.

They will not give me a straight answer. I made this reservation a long time ago. Since I was probably the first to book on this flight I think I at least deserve a straight answer if not a priority for one bag. I can't wait till I get to the gate to find out that none of my bags will fly with me. I have asked and asked. Not getting an answer does not make me confident in the airline.
    May I suggest when you checkin with your bags that you try smiling rather than complaining? Your happiness is in their hands.
    Mel Briscoe, Alexandria, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by tursiops View Post
    May I suggest when you checkin with your bags that you try smiling rather than complaining? Your happiness is in their hands.
    Actually, I will be plesant, but I can always eat the fare and take a later direct flight with reasonable baggage limits on Aruba Air. So, no, they don't hold my happiness at all. Just my money.
    I believe in disbelief - except in cases of unexpected miracles and pure luck.

Happy, happy, happy!!!!! I finally asked my question with enough clarity and got a clear answer. I will be able to be sure that at least one bag comes with me. The other may or may not. But one for sure will. That's perfect. I can certainly live with that, even if the other bag is delayed 2 days - though I hope not. Now, with that worry gone I can get back to the excitement of a week of diving on Bonaire, and a week with my wife snorkeling & hiking on Aruba.

My life has been filled with terrible misfortunes, most of which never happened.
    -- Mark Twain

This has been one of them for me.
    I believe in disbelief - except in cases of unexpected miracles and pure luck.