Thread: Sept 2018 Week 1

Default Sept 2018 Week 1

Got a new Cressi Evolution mask with +2.75 readers in the bottom, moved 2lbs from my weight belt to the upper part of my bcd, read up on underwater tips for my Oly TG4 and went to Bonaire for 2 weeks. Life is good! Best buoyancy Iíve ever had on first dive, I can read my gauges clearly and actually see the fish Iím shooting in the LCD. The low volume mask partically clears itself and I was really relieved after spending $$ it seals better than my last mask.

Spent first week at Buddy Dive boat diving and pier jumping. First time in studio on north side and it was perfect size for two us, well maintained and easy to keep cool.

Our last 3 trips have been at Buddy Dive and the 3 before that at Captain Dons, canít go wrong with either one. For those that struggle with this decision just try one and next time try the other because, you will be back.

It can be difficult on the boats to get the dive site you want. Havenít been to Rappel in last 4 trips, itís too rough or too far on smaller or slower boats, you get there a boat in already there, etc. A few sites like the one before Rappel are looking like rock piles while others amazing good. House reef is still very good and convenient. Looks like spike horn coral is being transplanted at many dive sites.

We bring food for breakfast, precooked bacon and Velveeta to make sandwiches for lunch with bread and tomatoes from Zhong Kong along with fruits, veggies, etc. Will stuff suitcases with protein bars, ramen noodles, etc wherever they will fit. First 3 or 4 nites we hit Zhong Kong restaurant for something with rice or noodles, egg rolls on the side, in takeout box because we always have leftovers even when splitting a meal. Zhong Kong has the coldest beer, any colder and it would have ice in it and that first one goes down real easy after making the trek over there.

Complaints at Buddy Dive would be only 3 beers to choose from and they are not cold at all, the locker rooms are quite cramped, assigned lockers now and very difficult to get upgraded.

Good things are what ever was left in the rinse tank area the day before was still there in the morning.

Huge baracuda getting teeth cleaned close to Buddy Dive, you can see the guide rope in the background.

P9200056.jpgP9200128.jpgP9200094.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the trip report! Enjoyed your pictures.