Thread: Help from the New Yorkers

Julia is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

Default Help from the New Yorkers

I need some help. It looks as though I will be in New York with my dad for two nights in April. I wonder if anyone could suggest the best area for me to look at hotels. We want to be near major tourist attractions and somewhere relatively safe. Many Thanks.

Which airport are you flying into?

What do you want to do or see while in NY?

We are coming in from the port, after a cruise on the Queen Mary then flying out from JFK . We will be in NY for two and half days. Our travel agent has found us a hotel on Lexington Ave. Dad cannot walk far so we need bus tours, boat trips , that sort of thing to see the main sights.

There are numerous bus tour companies and almost none require any advance bookings - the hotel concierge can book for you. You need to research what you want to see, there is just way too much to do in a two day visit with even an agile person let alone someone who has difficulty getting around. Statue of Liberty would be too difficult. Times Square area is crazy congested. What do you like to do? The city is famous for Broadway Plays.

Look up NYC Bus tours and pick one - most are designed to let you get on and off. There are museums, music halls, monuments, parks, zoos, gardens, countless famous buildings and restaurants, dozens of unique neighborhoods. Boat trips are not great for people who don't walk too well and all you see is skylines. Sorry I can't be more help.

Thanks for the help. Trying to get dad to decide what he wants to see is going to be the most difficult thing I think. Central Park seems the only definite , that and the Rockerfeller Centre .