Thread: Air Fare to Bonaire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Air Fare to Bonaire

Does anyone know why the air fare has doubled to go to Bonaire. I fly out of norfolk virginia or newport news virginia and the air fares have doubled in price!! It appears they airlines are boycotting bonaire..... american, united and delta...
    I have checked other airports, I have checked flying direct out of Atlanta and basic cabin is just shy of $1000 RT!

I have no idea how he did it (he said the Delta website) but my cousin flew round-trip from Wilmington, NC (through ATL) for just over $700 — for FIRST CLASS earlier this month, no points, just a straight Internet purchase.

🤔

Cornhusker is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

we have been watching flights out of Kansas City for our kids and Delta lingers around 1,000 and same with United----American is more reasonable and found 804 but leaving on either M-W not the F-S flights. Again we staying for 2-months in 2019 and pack a lot so kept an eye on 1st class and caught them on a dip to 1404 RT and right after we bought our 2-tickets they went right back up to around 2200 and funny thing is flight is about 40% full and more empty seats in 1st class than booked seats. Hopefully one of the airlines will drop prices in the next 60-days as my guess is it will keep people from USA to look for some other option.

Default Insider’s Guide to Finding Flights to Bonaire from North America 2018 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Does anyone know why the air fare has doubled to go to Bonaire. I fly out of norfolk virginia or newport news virginia and the air fares have doubled in price!! It appears they airlines are boycotting bonaire..... american, united and delta...
    I have checked other airports, I have checked flying direct out of Atlanta and basic cabin is just shy of $1000 RT!

Have you read "Insider’s Guide to Finding Flights to Bonaire from North America 2018 Edition" free from Bonaire Pros
    It may give some extra tips. I just booked a Delta flight (1/3/19) from Charleston, SC through Atlanta to Bonaire for $625.
    Last edited by ModRoy; 01-09-2019 at 04:41 AM. Reason: fixed Quote Box

To get to Bonaire from Albuquerque, we must overnight somewhere. It turns out the best way for us is to fly American (use miles) to Curacao then, first thing the next morning take the hop to Bonaire. Coming back we just reverse the process. Though AA flies direct to Bonaire, it is far less convenient doing so and it cost much more money/miles.

It might be helpful if one of the small airlines flying out of Curacao coordinated with AA, scheduling a flight CUR/BON after AA arrives in CUR then BON/CUR early enough to get the AA flight out of CUR.

What about United connecting in Houston? No overnight required on the flight down.

Quote Originally Posted by hallerdodd View Post
    What about United connecting in Houston? No overnight required on the flight down.
    I will die with air miles in the bank. Wife and I have been doing 1 or 2 trips to the carribbean for almost 30 years, haven't paid for airfaire for about 25 years. I am close to having earned 2 million miles (credit card miles) on AA. So generally, we fly American.

My wife did a trip to Japan on those miles a few years ago then she and a friend of hers went to Europe on those miles last summer.

I was a builder (retired now) and charged much of my materials on the card. Miles add up real fast that way.

We use the United Houston route just about all the time, as we can make it from Calgary to Bonaire, and back home both in a single day. It means getting the 635AM flight out of Calgary, and of course the early UA flight out of Bonaire on Sunday. But getting up early twice makes up for not having to overnight along the way. We are always business class flyers, but I have noticed we are adding a lot more to United’s bottom line than we use to. We do offset some of the travel costs with AMEX and VISA travel points. Like thom we run as much as we can throught the cards to get the maximum points.
    S&E Tanton