Thread: Transporting a dog from US to Bonaire - any suggestions?

Default Transporting a dog from US to Bonaire - any suggestions?

Hi,
    I am looking for information on a pet shipper that would transport my dog from US to Bonaire. We are very hesitant to use commercial airlines and are looking for alternative options.
    I have read on this forum suggestions of international customers use a pet shipper approved by the International Pet and Animal Transportation Association - however, when I go to this website NO pet shippers come up for Bonaire.

Any advice/experience would be much appreciated.

How big is your dog?

Are you moving to Bonaire?
    Bob Bartikoski
    Owner RE/MAX Paradise Homes
    www.bonairehomes.com

Hi,
    My dog is 65 pounds. We very much would like to move to Bonaire in the next 2 years and are planning ahead with details.

The airlines are your best bet, assuming your dog is small enough to go as cargo. If you want to minimize the time you dog is on the plane you can go to one of the cities where the flight comes here non-stop.

From the US, that would be:
    - Atlanta (Delta)
    - Miami (American)
    - Newark (United)
    - Houston (United)

Those are your choices, otherwise you need to charter a flight from Ft. Lauderdale. A private flight is about 3 hours, more or less from Ft. Lauderdale.

A lot could change in two years, i would check on this again about 6 months before your departure.
    Bob Bartikoski
    Owner RE/MAX Paradise Homes
    www.bonairehomes.com

Thank you for the insight. Hopefully, our relocation will be sooner than 2 years

For Delta, the Pet cargo approved company goes from Miami to Amsterdam to Bonaire!!! Our 2 cats and 1 dog would have been about $5,000 USD had we used it. Instead, the cats came on one flight under the seats as carryons in the cabin and the dog came a month later as an ESA (emotional support animal) at zero cost.