Thread: new restaurants?

Rlumenator is offline Bonaire Lover Bonaire Talker

Default new restaurants?

Since last July?

Quote Originally Posted by Rlumenator View Post
    Since last July?
    Hi,
    The former Chez Madeleine across from Harbour Village is now Bon Aroma. La Terrazza is a restaurant downtown that has small plates for $7, you can order as many or as few as you want to create a multi-course dinner. Look for a new breakfast food truck coming next month on Kaya DeBrot on the way into town, no name yet. That's all I can think of, and I think they are all new since last July, give or take a few months.

All the best,
    Kate Butler
    Real Estate Agent, RE/MAX Paradise Homes, Bonaire

Quote Originally Posted by Kate B View Post
    Hi,
    The former Chez Madeleine across from Harbour Village is now Bon Aroma. La Terrazza is a restaurant downtown that has small plates for $7, you can order as many or as few as you want to create a multi-course dinner. Look for a new breakfast food truck coming next month on Kaya DeBrot on the way into town, no name yet. That's all I can think of, and I think they are all new since last July, give or take a few months.

All the best,

Oh, and I forgot that the restaurant that used to be Wil's downtown is now Porchia's, and Exito across the street has created a new, more upscale dining room to accompany their take out area, which they moved next door. And not new, but a new location, is Pasa Bon Pizza, which has moved to downtown.
    Kate Butler

Hi everyone,
    More on new places to eat:

A new food truck just opened this weekend, serving breakfast items. It's called the "Dash Kitchen" (ask the owners why, it is not what you think.) Ian and I had a delicious $5 breakfast biscuit (homemade) containing fried chicken, spicy coleslaw and sauce. Then we tried a couple of homemade donuts - lots of varieties - chocolate, vanilla, various toppings. Crazy good. I don't drink coffee, but the other people said their coffee was great too. Owners said they are just going to be open Saturday and Sunday mornings starting at 9 AM for a couple of months. Dark blue food truck, located on the main drag K(aya DeBrot) on the way into town, by the corner of Herman J. Pop.

Also new is The Pier Restaurant, which is located across from Mezze and Patagonia, and replaces the Barrel Wine bar and restaurant that used to be there. We haven't tried that yet.

All the best,
    Kate Butler

smits is offline Bonaire Lover SUPPORTING MEMBER - Bonaire Talker

@Kate
    That's quite a breakfast :-)

[QUOTE=smits;456750]@Kate
    That's quite a breakfast :-)[/QUOTE

You know it! We'll be there this Saturday morning too! Donuts! Biscuits!
    Kate Butler